RECOIL LUG .750

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by ericskennard, Jul 8, 2017.

1. ericskennard

ericskennard

Any ideas where I can get a recoil lug for a .750 threaded barrel????????????

I am using a pretty heavy barrel on a Stiller X2500.

2. mudduck

mudduck

The square tang of the 2500 was intended to be the recoil lug. Prob have to have a custom one made for the 3/4 tenon if you really want one. Possibly could use a bushing to size one down I guess

3. Ggmac

Ggmac

Numrich , made for 410 shotguns , will need to be surface ground . They also have unfinished lugs with a 3/4 hole .

4. ericskennard

ericskennard

Yes and it has a large rectangular cut out underneath to make a recoil lug in the bedding material. However with this rifle build I am trying to duplicate the feel of a client's F-Class open rifle. I will be using a Lilja barrel cut in a Heavy Varmit taper. This barrel will finish at 28" or 30". That is a lot of weight to put on the .750 barrel tenon.

Stick Stark at S&S built one for Mike Dana about 5 years ago. That rifle is a laser beam. We tried 9 different types of ammo in it and it shot all of them.

Attached Files:

5. ericskennard

ericskennard

Still trying to come up with a source for barrel recoil lug that will fit on a .750 threaded tenon.

6. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

Try Dave Kiff at PT&G.

7. Dave L Kiff

Dave L Kiff Site $$ Sponsor

Any type, any size on sale through our Website and Store, Thanks for the info

8. Tim s

Tim s

Not for nothing but you don't need, nor should you want a lug with that setup.

9. HuskerP7M8

HuskerP7M8

Agree!

Landy

10. Intell

Intell

It's not needed, and will probably hurt accuracy vs help it. Most guys using 40x's remove them and don't replace them when they are rebarreled