re: Purpose of the Nationals

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by geo.ulrich, Jan 13, 2020.

1. geo.ulrich

geo.ulrich beware of owner Gold $$ Contributor

After reading the other post on the purpose of the nationals. I had responded about the H.O.F. points only being awarded at and to s.r. br shooters at the nationals, which started my thoughts on why just sr. So I have an idea for all the disciplines. After all the short range group shooters feel they are the best and the score shooters feel they are best and 600/1000 feel they are best and they all are in their discipline. Lets see who is the King of the Hill. What I propose is to find the true top shooter you must shoot in two of the following Nationals either Short Range Heavy Varmint, Long Range Light Gun group and Varmint for Score. All the following organizations I.B.S., N.B.R.S.A, G.B.A. and U.B.R... scores only counted in agg. for 20 places so 1st gets 20 points 2nd 19 and so on. I have tried to keep the guns as equal as possible ie: 13.5 heavy varmint or heavy varmint for score, Long range light gun the open would be U.B.R. either custom class at 13.5 or if you shoot a long range light gun at 17#then unlimited class. So as long as you shoot a group and score National and make top 20 in agg. your points count. Anyone interested let me know or if something needs tweaking. Lets see who is the BIG DOG.... Edit only 100-200 yd. aggs for short range

swd, Terry, JMP and 3 others like this.
  2. Stan Taylor

Stan Taylor Gold $$ Contributor

Well that sounds interesting but that means I would have to build a 6ppc and build 30 br for score but I do like your thinking on that for sure.
    P.S. the king of the hill.

3. P1ZombieKiller

P1ZombieKiller Gold $$ Contributor

@geo.ulrich I am going to have to get a bigger abacus to figure that score. :)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  4. geo.ulrich

Its really simple make a group and score national and get the most points you can, I'll even add if you want go to all only the two highest scores will count...only thing that changes is the type of rifle used

5. johara1

johara1

IBS was going to do something like that but it never came together instead of playing in your short range sand box they were going to do it at 300 yds What do you think ? Sight in and no more sighters, 10 shots for group and score..... winners of the relay go against each other again.... jim

Joe Salt likes this.
  6. geo.ulrich

No you wouldn't shoot your long range rifle at the U.B.R. Nats. in unlimited

7. geo.ulrich

No shoot offs have to shoot aggs. I don't play in short range so I'm not sure what you are saying. or maybe you could get out of your long range sandbox and try short range for an agg....

SPJ likes this.
  8. johara1

johara1

That is why it never came about, SR. want the cards stacked in their favor. No second place in a gun fight so you have to do it the first time and you can move on Two chances group and score, small group doesn't mean anything if it isn't in the middle..... jim

Joe Salt likes this.
  9. johara1

johara1

Why, it says unlimited?? jim

10. geo.ulrich

Jim look at the U.B.R. website, its a class. they shoot score its not a group match one shot at each bull 6 x's per target you do understand the score part of this right...

11. geo.ulrich

Jim, actually the I.B.S. did do around 85ish they called it group/score shooter of the year 3 group 3 score at designated matches. you got 1 point for everyone you beat. I changed this to level the field and include long range. so you can shoot your Long Range rifle or Short Range rifle you just have to shoot group and score

12. johara1

johara1

They were going to even let F class shoot too and long range had to use the light gun, and Sr. could use their heavy gun and it was going to be at Union county. but it feels apart I think is was in 2013. they tried again and it went away again...... jim
    I shot UBR but in unlimited it is no weight limit right? jim

geo.ulrich likes this.
  13. geo.ulrich

yes no weight limit its more for the stock differences than weight a straight lr. stock would fall outside IBS or NBRSA sr rules so the UBR unlimited is open for Long Range shooters to keep from getting another gun or more barrels that they don;t need

gunsandgunsmithing likes this.
  14. Terry

Terry Gold $$ Contributor

Just finished my 30 BR. UBR rifle.

15. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

Sure he could! Been trying to get him to do just that for a few years now. His guns shoot in the zero's, so why not?

Terry and geo.ulrich like this.
  16. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

Right...UBR unlimited is "run what ya brung, 30 cal or less"

geo.ulrich likes this.
  17. Terry

This one will make the 13.5lb class.

geo.ulrich likes this.
  18. geo.ulrich

your good to go you going to give it a try ? seems everyone is afraid to shoot something different.

19. Terry

Shooting 1 Mile BR this year at Thunder Valley too.

Making this the year of diversity.

600 & 1000 BR, 600 & 1000 F Class, ELR, and Short Range.

Should be a great summer.

20. gunsandgunsmithing

I'm still working my way up to long range but I'm gonna shoot my usual UBR and throw in some group and maybe IBS stuff with it.

WyleWD and geo.ulrich like this.