Quality of CA receiver's?

Discussion in 'Gun Project Questions & Gunsmithing' started by Jason_A, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Jason_A

Jason_A

Hi, all. I have been looking at the lesser expensive Christensen Arms rifles because if the receiver's are decent quality I feel that the rifles are a good deal. I have heard varying opinions about the barrels both steel and carbon, but if the receivers are decent I don't care because I will just shoot the barrel out eventually and have a new one put on.

So anyone know if the CA receivers are half way decent?

Thanks,
    Jason

2. 3Ackleys

3Ackleys

I have a Ridgeline and I couldnt get the windage zeroed. Swarovski Z6. Tried different scopes and mounts gun was shooting 13 moa to the right. Sent it back and they had it 2 months. Came back with a different receiver and now it shoots 14 moa to the left. with the scope adjusted all the way to the right gun shoots 1.5" left. They said my scope doesnt have enough travel. Put US optics windage adjustable rings on it to zero my scope.
    Also action is not very smooth and has no primary extraction

3. Jason_A

Jason_A

Wow, thanks

4. Jason_A

Jason_A

Just to update this thread, people seem to think CA has gone through some changes and they are making their actions in house now, whereas, in the past they were outsourced from different places. The feeling seems to be that the newer rifles are better than the older ones.