PRS Chassis Question

Discussion in 'Practical Precision--PRS, NRL, ELR' started by CraigG, Sep 8, 2019.

1. garandman

garandman Bolt Gun Bodacious Gold $$ Contributor

I have all 3. They all work well for me .

20190910_200637.jpg main_large.jpg 20190818_215053.jpg

You want both length of pull adjustment and cheek riser adjustment. As long as they lock up solid, you're good. The XLR certainly does.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    DirtySteve likes this.
  2. garandman

For a budget build... KRG. Youll love it. Put the savings into your glass.

Dgd6mm likes this.
  3. Papa Charlie

Papa Charlie Gold $$ Contributor

I have the XLR Evolution with the extreme butt stock. Love it. It fits me perfect. Solid platform. The stock works exceptionally well on the rear bag and with the added Teflon tape it glides very smoothly.

Geno C and garandman like this.
  4. garandman

An old duffer with a 6x elcheapo $200 scope won our second rimfire BR match last Monday.... 248 / 250 score and 14x. I had a 4.5-30x Athlon on my gun. ( I won the first match, got 4th in the second match, which Mr. 6x won) Others had 46x Sightrons, and other high $$$ optics. Its still the indian, not just the arrow. You really can't "buy" match wins.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Dgd6mm likes this.
  5. Dgd6mm

Dgd6mm Silver $$ Contributor

I've been eyeballing the Oryx chassis. I'd like to see one in person and handle it.

6. CharlieNC

CharlieNC Gold $$ Contributor

After owning several different types I settled on the krg bravo as well because it is a hybrid cross of a chassis and conventional design. It has a removable attachment for the bottom of the butt to provide either a flat or tapered surface, depending on how you are shooting.im finally satisfied.

Dgd6mm likes this.
  7. dwall

dwall

Own one. The cheek piece is very short. As in a long ways from action. Doesn't suit me, my cheek bone sits right on the front edge. I'm more used to the classic stile, took it off, works fine. The grip shape has an exagerated palm swell which won't work for everyone. Any flat top AR grip will fit. Shoulder one before you buy.
    I handled the krg, very comfortable fit.

Dgd6mm likes this.
  8. Dgd6mm

Dgd6mm Silver $$ Contributor

I like my KRG Bravo Chassis.

DirtySteve and garandman like this.
  9. Mudmarine

Mudmarine

Maybe magpul is a dirty word around here, but their pro 700 chassis is top notch in every regard. It is solid in every way. Does not have a built in arca rail.

outasite `08 and golong like this.