Pray for me...

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by IdahoSharpshooter, Jul 20, 2019.

1. IdahoSharpshooter

IdahoSharpshooter Gold $$ Contributor

I was at my favorite gun shop Thursday, and again this afternoon. He has one of the limited edition 92F models for sale, the ones that came in the plastic ammo case looking containers with three spare magazines and an extra grip. $1000 out the door.

It is good that it is not a 40S&W...

Nick Caprinolo and Nature Boy like this.
  2. Evan

Evan Gold $$ Contributor

Have strength! That's not the droid you're looking for...

3. wedgy

wedgy Gold $$ Contributor

Glad it wasn't anythang creedmore

Raythemanroe and Rem06 like this.
  4. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

I got a nib m9- the real deal that is the one that should be the one in the ammo can. Only have 2 mags for mine, sadly, but could always end up in your hands if you let something go too

5. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

Are we talking Beretta handguns here? We had the 9mm Beretta M9 (modified 92) in the military. No offense, but I hated those sidearms. Inaccurate, unreliable, etc.

I suggest you save your $1000 for something nicer. I personally wouldn't give $10 for a Beretta handgun.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    DirtySteve, riverwolf1, hoz53 and 3 others like this.
  6. brokeasajoke

brokeasajoke Silver $$ Contributor

Ok I'll pray you can come up with a spare $1000. Oh wait, your needing strength to resist. Resist the devil and he shall flee. So wait a little and if it dosent disappear its good to go.

Raythemanroe likes this.
  7. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

Talk a good friend into buying it! Then you can shoot it and not own it!;)

8. Mark W

Mark W Gold $$ Contributor

Been there, done that......lol

joshb likes this.
  9. dickn52

dickn52 Gold $$ Contributor

Bought an original 92(S)FB model when they first came on the scene before the Military contract. Hated it. Sold it within a week and never looked back. Later I was on a team testing service (duty) handguns and one was submitted. Never got into a testing phase with that thing. Ended up with H&K USB models in .40.

Ledd Slinger likes this.
  10. T-shooter

T-shooter

Life is short and money is nothing but dirty paper until it's spent. Go for it!

11. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full. Gold $$ Contributor

Buy it and shoot! The world's going to end in twelve years anyway. :p

KMart, Bc'z, JLT and 2 others like this.
  12. Raythemanroe

Raythemanroe Bullet Whisperer Silver $$ Contributor

My second pistol was a 92 FS and it shot great . I don't get these posts about it's accuracy and it never had a problem for thousands of rounds..

Ray

13. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

Totally agree. One of the worst handguns I've used. Hated carrying a sidearm that I couldnt rely on. At the range they would jam up regularly. You could hit an adult size torso at 7-10 yards, but could never call where the shots would land. Holes were all over the target no matter how carefully you took aim. Horrible trigger pull. Forget about shooting at anything farther than 10 yards. Might as well just close your eyes and pray something lands on target past 10 yards.

14. Raythemanroe

Raythemanroe Bullet Whisperer Silver $$ Contributor

I
    I must have gotten that one oddball that shot great and never had a problem..

Ray

15. mikeinct

mikeinct

I hate to barge in here. But I'm old. I shot the old Berretta 92 way back when they were replacing the 6 shooter 357 mag revolver. Meh, it was fun enough but not much in the oomph factor. Today the 9mm ammo is better. That old clunker isn't. GRIN. If you want some 9mm fun, try the Walther Match Q 5 .[???} I've only played w/ one a few times. I Hope that is the correct model. Now available in a steel frame also. Accurate, fast, decent trigger, handles really well. Not as accurate or powerful as a good wheel gun but I'm starting to come around to the 9mm high capacity autoloaders. Mike in Ct

Raythemanroe likes this.
  16. dickn52

dickn52 Gold $$ Contributor

Never understood our agents wanting high capacity mags. Most if not close to all shoots take place inside 5 yards. IF you needed 17 rounds and 2 mags to stop the fight, we took you back to the range and started all over on marksmanship drills. Typical more is better syndrome of America in my opinion.

17. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

Look at some stats though. 30-40 shots fired, one shot in a leg or foot is the norm.

18. mikeinct

mikeinct

Com'on Dusty, that's only the NYC guys. too much red tape to get ammo to the practice range. Mike in Ct

Dusty Stevens likes this.
  19. T-shooter

T-shooter

Don't understand about the accuracy or reliability problems. I don't have a Beretta but a Taurus clone in .40 caliber. Most of the parts are interchangeable with Beretta and the only major difference is the safety is mounted on the frame instead of the slide. I've had this since 2004 (cost $379 then) and never had a failure in feeding or ejecting except the one time when I didn't clean it for a couple years and the slide was full of lint stuck in the grease. My fault as it was well lubed and resides under my pillow just in case. I'm not the best pistol shot but I can hold a sub 3" groups at 25 yards off-hand.
    01_left_view(1).jpg

20. hoz53

hoz53 Gold $$ Contributor

8A658967-A173-4623-A462-A65E7AA112B1.jpeg
    A beretta 92 would be way down my list or I’d have one - but that’s what makes the world go round so if it trips your trigger go for it. An original GI 1911 would be more like it for me :)

Dgd6mm, joshb, Toejoe12 and 3 others like this.