PRAIRIE DOG PLAGUE IN MONTANA?

Discussion in 'Varminter & Hunting Forum' started by Calgary Bill, Apr 11, 2019.

1. DirtySteve

DirtySteve Gold $$ Contributor

The snow is gone and the ground is drying out. Raining here today but we need it for the grass. I have not tried Baker yet.

2. chuckshooter

chuckshooter Silver $$ Contributor

I shot the grasslands in Wyoming two years and there were pd's everywhere. Last year they had the plague go thru and there were none to be found. Same with some of the ranches nearby.

3. jetboat

jetboat

Going to to drive from Denver to North Idaho tomorrow. Planning on some side trips on the way to scout for dogs.
    Hope I can find some.:rolleyes:

4. TheOtherZilla

TheOtherZilla

Don't get stuck. Wyoming is raining now and I can tell you from experience if the road aint gravel you will get stuck.. It's a mess out there right now. Around here most of the county roads are impassable..

5. jetboat

jetboat

Yep
    It was muddy two weeks ago when I drove out. Mud and snow. There were some places I held my breath when i drove through some tracks that had 24'' deep ruts in the mud. Drilling crews made a mess. 4 wheel drive just gets you further out to get stuck. Too old for that:mad:

6. jetboat

jetboat

Well after putting 2200+ miles on my truck my quest for finding dirt rats turned into a bust.
    I saw more buffalo than dogs. Lots of speed goats and deer so those are in abundance.
    All the dog town mounds I saw were vacant and mounds were washed out. No new dirt on top of any of them.
    Never saw one in ether Wyoming or Montana. None, Nada, Zero. Its drying out pretty fast thanks to the never ending wind so roads and tracks are a little better but still in bad shape.:(