PPC AMMO BLOCKS - 1st Production Run

Discussion in 'Commercial Sales by Paid Sponsors' started by Field & Cave, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Field & Cave

Field & Cave Site $$ Sponsor

At the request of a reader here, we are about to make a run of these. They are designed for PPC cases, bullet down. The 1/4-20 tap will allow for mounting to any standard camera or optics mount. The gent for whom it was developed has some sort of heavy cable with 1/4-20 attachment. I can't wait to see a picture, as it sounds ideal.

If you want to use something with larger than a 3/4" dia footprint to mount, you'll have to stack some washers or something so the bullets don't hit it. Or you could use it bullet up on a flat surface.

6061 Aluminum, completely CNC machined in TX, not anodized. $55ea + about $6 to ship. This is the max price. The more people want them, the less they will be. I'll leave this up until Monday 12/12 and then call it complete and start processing orders.

Of course we also have our standard .308 boltface blocks, too (the one pictured with the Joby tripod). They are available here... https://fieldandcaveoutfitters.com/products/f-c-473-bolt-face-ammo-block

PPC Block 12-19-16.jpg Ammo Block w Joby Hybrid 2.JPG

2. Gennaro64

Gennaro64 Silver $$ Contributor

I ordered 2 of these blocks (bullet down) from field and cave outfitters today. I'm going to use goose neck
    I just ordered 2 of these blocks (bullet down print 6ppc) from FIELD and CAVE OUTFITTERS. Great people to deal with. I'm going to use flexible camera flex mount 1/4 x 20 thread kit which can be purchased from Ragecams.com in 6" 12" and 18" lengths. A angle bracket will be used to mount it to my Seb Rest.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  3. Field & Cave

PPC Block 1-6-17.JPG

Got them back from anodizing. Will ship open orders today or Monday. Have several left. Who needs one (or two)?

4. luckyshot52

luckyshot52

I'd like one

5. Field & Cave

PM sent. Thanks!

6. Field & Cave

7. Field & Cave

It took a few tries to get them perfect, but here's one in action. Will be available after anodizing - about 2 weeks.

Harvey McCraw likes this.
  8. BTHP52

BTHP52

Do you manufacture the NEO adapter as well?

9. Field & Cave

No. The blocks are threaded 1/4"-20 in three places on the back. There are links on our website to the flexible mic stand cables and thread adapters. Not sure what threads are in the NEO base.

Note: these blocks have changed. They are no longer aluminum, rather grey PVC.

https://fieldandcaveoutfitters.com/...hooting/products/f-c-473-bolt-face-ammo-block