Powder measure bracket

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Uthink Uknow, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Uthink Uknow

Uthink Uknow Gold $$ Contributor

Do you think there is a market for a powder measure bracket like this?

Attached Files:

2. PatMiles

PatMiles Gold $$ Contributor

Can't see the bracket. Is the powder measure in front of it in the second pic?

3. Uthink Uknow

The powder measure bracket is in the front left corner of the box, right in this photo, and partially obscured by the powder measure. I can take another photo with the bottle in place.

4. johara1

johara1

I doubt it , mine is 20 years old and made out of Oak in my Kennedy box. Short range guy guys are less and less all the time. ... jim

5. pirate ammo

pirate ammo Guaranteed to take the wind out of their sails Gold $$ Contributor

not much

6. Bill K

Bill K Silver $$ Contributor

No doubt someone would buy it, but enough to make it profitable. I don't believe so.

7. pirate ammo

go back to the drawing board, and come up with something else,,,like a Talisman,,,:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bc'z likes this.
  8. 6MMsteve

6MMsteve Gold $$ Contributor

I use a 3x6 pc of sycamore for my stand, and a 18inch tall pc for my long plastic drop tube,they might sell you never know

9. TC260

TC260

That bracket is a little more robust with it screwing into the box than the Sinclair one that I have that mounts on the corner. If you made and sold them yourself you could probably sell a few and may be worth your time but so few people load at the range these days. I'd probably buy one if they weren't too much but would prefer a design that doesn't require screwing into the box although I bet that makes it pretty solid.

10. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 Gold $$ Contributor

Although I wouldn't have a need for it, what if it mounted via a "rare earth" magnet instead of a bolt?

11. billlarson

billlarson "Hold Into The Wind" Gold $$ Contributor

I believe it,s a good idea....consider time,money and after thought of how/what you should have done...
    Bill

12. SmittyJon

SmittyJon Silver $$ Contributor

I'm a little late to the party, but have to agree with the rest of the posters: the demand is just not there. Over the years a number of companies have offered powder measure brackets and stands. The Sinclair one was quite popular, but others sold well too. Most of the folks I compete with have made their own out of wood or metal.

Something I learned is, a great idea (or product) is not always a profitable one - or even worth the effort. Just make a couple for yourself and enjoy them. If someone sees one and wants it, then make them one for a decent price.

Chris Mitchell

13. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

I have quite a few table mounted ones from various folks. The pma one is very nice

14. Uthink Uknow

C6E0D131-DB80-4019-9297-5C11E3DA2E3B.jpeg Here is a picture of my bracket “unmounted”. As you can see it much more compact and easily packed for the trip to the range.

15. pirate ammo

to many parts.

16. Uthink Uknow

to many parts.

Not enough (o)s