Picatinny Scope Checkers - More Coming & Revised

Discussion in 'Commercial Sales by Paid Sponsors' started by AlloyTargets, Aug 3, 2017.

1. AlloyTargets

AlloyTargets Site $$ Sponsor

Out of stock for now. Working on some more.

2. AlloyTargets

Now is the best time to buy. We'll be back in stock by Thursday (12/7), at which point the price goes back to $170. Order now, save the $20 and there won't be much wait.

3. AlloyTargets

Back in stock. Pre-orders shipped today or tomorrow.

About 8-9 left. Thanks!

4. AlloyTargets

Sold out. Thanks, everyone. Not sure when/ if we'll be making more. Seems that most everyone that wants one has one or has a buddy with one by now.

5. muleystalker

muleystalker Gold $$ Contributor

I would be interested in one if you do more.

AlloyTargets likes this.
  6. DJB

DJB

I would also like to get one if you make some more. Doug Bell

AlloyTargets likes this.
  7. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE Gold $$ Contributor

man if youre sold out again i'd think its time to make more!! when you run 20 and have 18 left for a year THEN you can say everybody has one.

AlloyTargets likes this.
  8. AlloyTargets

I’m glad to hear there’s still interest. We’ll get back on these before too long. Right now we’re busy with our industrial customers and launching a few other projects.

9. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE Gold $$ Contributor

gotta keep up with your main bread for sure- just remember there is folks out here that still want your products. I love my scope checker from yall but i realize shooters are not what makes your paycheck.

AlloyTargets likes this.
  10. AlloyTargets

I now have tooling to make our own Picatinny and Davidson rails. I have user feedback and am working on a new design. I'm going to make a run and hope ya'll like them. They will feature some cool new functionality and also allow customers to choose the top rail configuration. It can be Picatinny/ Picatinny, Picatinny/ Davidson, or Davidson/ Davidson. They will still mount to either a true Picatinny or Kelbly Panda F-Class rail on the test rifle.

It will take several weeks, but once we have something worth showing, I'll post here. Mid April target date to be back in stock.

Thanks!

Mulligan and bpmoss1 like this.
  11. steve_podleski

steve_podleski

I would buy your mount but I would also need to find/buy a scope that would be the standard, utterly reliable, unmoving crosshairs, accurate and no-backlash turret adjustments :(

12. AlloyTargets

I agree that there's a market for "freezing" scopes. Unfortunately, I'm no help there.

13. steve_podleski

steve_podleski

Would the scope checker only check reticle movement?

14. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

Travis' new design is perfect. It will check poa shift in a scope, but will also be very useful in doing true tall target tests, tracking tests, and return to zero tests. You need a reference scope to do any of those tests with pin point accuracy. Brackney still freezes Leupolds so far as Im aware.

bpmoss1 likes this.
  15. steve_podleski

steve_podleski

Alex
    With a frozen scope, you can't change elevation or windage? So, I am confused how you can use a frozen scope to check for tracking?

16. bpmoss1

bpmoss1 Silver $$ Contributor

You will need to find a used frozen scope or
    Yes he does, I just spoke with him about a week ago. I got one of his in his mounts. Somebody needs to learn from him (Bob Brackney) and Cecil Tucker to be able to carry it on. These gentlemen are getting up there, i believe Cecil is 91. They may want to retire soon, and might not mind teaching someone.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  17. bpmoss1

Frozen scope mounts outboard on checker and you cowitness scope being tested's reticle(mounted inboard) to point of aim of frozen scope. You need to visit the scope checking thread under competition fourum.

gunsandgunsmithing likes this.
  18. bpmoss1

@AlloyTargets Travis, put me on the list. Barry.

AlloyTargets likes this.
  19. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

The frozen scope is lined up to an aim point. You can draw lines on target for true moa. You bring the test scope to the same aim point as the frozen. Then from there you can crank in some moa and see how it compares to the lines on the target and how well it returns to zero. The frozen scope makes this possible because you can always check to make sure nothing has moved. All the other tests requires shooting which ads error to the test. These scope checkers are invaluable for testing scopes in many kinds of ways.

20. AlloyTargets

Will do. I need a master list to keep track of my lists. Lol.

Mulligan and bpmoss1 like this.