Pic/Feedback Request - Riles and Goliath 30mm Front Sights

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by FatBoy, Sep 6, 2017.

1. FatBoy

FatBoy

I may be in the market for a new 30mm front right soon. I have loved my Rightsights since day1 but it's my understanding that Wayne is done with that enterprise, so I am curious what else is out there?

I see Riles makes a unit and it looks like X Treme Shooting had a Centre unit (Goliath). I am looking for feedback on each of these systems and maybe some pics to see how an elastic mirage band would connect on a traditional and tubegun style set up. Also curious if I missed a brand or two.

This unit will likely see duty on each type of rifle which has me wondering if one is more suitable for swapping between styles than the other? The RS was great for this as I could just buy a spacegun unit and use it on both styles of stocks.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

2. Erud

Erud

Hi Chris,
    Champion's Choice still shows RightSights in stock on their web page:

http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.aspx?p=CategoryBody&c=OPSISM

I know that this doesn't directly answer your question, just posting the link in case you weren't aware that you could still buy them, at least for the moment. I've only used the rightsight also, no firsthand experience with the others.

Good luck,
    Erik

3. FatBoy

FatBoy

Erik,

When you click into the sites and go to add to cart they show out of stock. Champions Choice is 2 miles from my house and unfortunately I have confirmed they are out of them.

Thank you though.

Chris

4. FatBoy

FatBoy

Looking at the Riles sites, if I'm reading it correctly (it's a bit busy/confusing to me) is a highboy 30mm with aperture really $535? Any known if the lens cell he lists in the site description (verticle piece/base/lens cell) contains a lens or is the lens (captive lens cell) sold separately Too? That would make it $613+shipping for a front sight!

5. Erud

Erud

Ahh, sorry about that, I guess I should have looked closer. I just told someone else over the weekend that CC still showed them in stock too. Hopefully folks don't get too mad at me.

I was looking at the Riles web page recently also and ended up with the same questions. Very confusing as to which parts go together. I guess if there's an upside to the NRA changing the rules to allow scopes for otc, it's that there will probably be a fair number of used sights available for sale...

6. FatBoy

FatBoy

As much as I don't agree with scopes on competition service rifles, if there is a silver lining that may be it. I love my right site, and won't go back to a 22mm now (once you can see the target board while on target can you ever go back?) so it look like buying used or selling plasma may be my only options.

NickB1075 likes this.
  7. Erud

Erud

I'm with you there, not a fan of the scopes rule. I am fortunate enough to have a spare RightSight and a spare Warner, so hopefully I will be covered after everyone in the US stops making sights...

I know that everyone that I know that has the Riles sight says that it is the best there is, so might just be a case of swallowing hard and paying what he charges for them. It sure does seem like a lot of money though. Then again, $780 for a Warner (if they ever even make them again) ain't exactly cheap either...

Good luck,
    Erik