Pay it forward.......to the site

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by joshb, Jan 20, 2019.

1. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

I’ve been thinking about how to help out more. I’m gonna dig out my unused “extra” stuff and put it up for sale with the proceeds going to the site. Stay tuned. I got stuff! Stocks, parts, old dies, too many bullets that I won’t use, etc. I think another member mentioned doing this, also.

Dear Boss: Might it be possible to put a spot on the sale board specifically for this? Like “Site Garage Sale” or something.
    Is there a way to streamline payments, where the buyer can donate electronically direct to the site and give the seller a heads up that payment was made?

I’m just perdigitating here. Other positive ideas are welcome.
    Josh

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    Jalen, clunker, Mark W and 5 others like this.
  2. Trophied

Trophied Gold $$ Contributor

I may have to look at all the old stuff sitting on my bench too, some of it may not look great but the important parts of it are still serviceable and the price would be right! I'm willing to do the donation thing. I don't have a lot of stuff but I'll do what I can.

New Gun, Termite I and joshb like this.
  3. Comrade Terry

Comrade Terry Gold $$ Contributor

Great idea!

New Gun and joshb like this.
  4. Rope.Chucker

Rope.Chucker Silver $$ Contributor

Yeah, I've got stuff that I don't use that may be of some small value and use to others, so I'd be glad to contribute.

New Gun, joshb and Termite I like this.
  5. New Gun

New Gun Gold $$ Contributor

Great idea. I dont have much but I am in.

Mark W and joshb like this.
  6. Mark W

Mark W Gold $$ Contributor

I’m cleaning up my work room now. Surely I can come up with some stuff to pitch in.

joshb and New Gun like this.
  7. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew

I wish there was a forum for selling non gun related stuff. We could make that into a site donation forum cause i have tons of stuff

Mark W likes this.
  8. Dusty Stevens

And one way to do it would be to take the paypal payment from the buyer and donate it yourself so youll know its done

9. clunker

clunker Silver $$ Contributor

Great idea. I asked the Boss about doing an auction within the classifieds, but it is apparently far more complicated than it sounds, and the Boss already has enough on his plate. I have a ton of stuff I'd like to get rid of too, and I'm in the process of packing for a big move. I plan to donate a ton of stuff to charity, but none of it is gun related. Craigslist has been a waste of time in selling anything, so if anyone else has an idea how I can turn those items into dollars for this site without a ton of effort, I'm all ears.

10. Dusty Stevens

if we could just get the boss to make us a misc for sale forum we could just sell our junk and do the donating ourselves. im all for it and I think this could be a huge fundraiser for the site @Forum Boss