PA coyote and Night vision optics? YES!

Discussion in 'Varminter & Hunting Forum' started by Rem06, May 14, 2019.

1. Rem06

Rem06 Silver $$ Contributor

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  2. Rem06

Rem06 Silver $$ Contributor

thumbnail.jpg

this is night ONE! NVG will help this!
    DOUBT you will see this on the NEWS!

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    JFW likes this.
  3. JFW

JFW Gold $$ Contributor

Hopefully you guys can use thermal if this passes. It is awesome on yotes. We come over from ohio to hunt turkey and bear, would be great to bring ours and thin some of numbers.

4. theallcineyes

theallcineyes

We have bad coyote problems here. They generally attack when it's dark. My neighbor has managed to keep his cats safe with a "cat house" out of chain link fence. It's about 8 feet high and pretty big. It has a roof and all kinds of cat perches/little houses inside. Every evening he feeds the cats in there and locks them up. It's also inside a fenced yard. Maybe you can do something like that with your chickens.

We tried keeping our cats inside at night but eventually one runs out when the pizza guy comes or something like that...we've lost all of them.

If you have big barking dogs inside your fenced yard that will help keep the coyotes from coming over the fence.

I have seen a coyote go right over our 4' 6" fence. (woven wire with a 2X6 on top). It didn't even slow him down. He leaped up and bounced off the top board. Those things are dangrous

5. snert

snert Gold $$ Contributor

While on night shift i patrolled several small villages in NY. On two occasions i saw coyotes making off with cats. I didn't miss the cats personally...

dantiff2 and Rustytigwire like this.
  6. Bangs OH

Bangs OH

Have to agree. Cats, if left to their own devices, do exactly the same thing to songbirds and “good” small mammals that the coyotes did to those sheep: killing for the thrill. (Although I will admit that both also thin out undesirable pests to a certain degree).
    I’m looking for some “affordable” night vision optics for coyote hunting. Any suggestions?

7. MrMajestic

MrMajestic Gold $$ Contributor

That's an oxymoron..happily married, military intelligence etc.

8. MrMajestic

MrMajestic Gold $$ Contributor

Talking to a customer that had several cats in his shop I said "you must really like cats". He said "No, I just really hate rats".

Snuggie and joshb like this.