Opions Sightron Slll 8-32x56

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by Mark McMahon, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Mark McMahon

Mark McMahon

Would like to get the opinion from some of the experienced Shooters out there familiar with the Sightron Slll 8-32x56, looking for a long-range varmint scope, clarity, quality and reticle choices are what I'm looking at, or if you have something else that you would recommend without breaking the bank and like to hear about it, thanks for your time and your information.

2. R.Morehouse

R.Morehouse Site $$ Contributor

I had the scope you are looking at with the LRMOA reticle on a 13lb 300RUM and it worked and held up just fine. For your stated purpose it will serve you well...

3. peter6mm

peter6mm Site $$ Contributor

Have one which I now keep as a spare for f-class up to 600yds. Nice clear optics at least comparable to Leupold. I like the 1/8 Mia adjustments which are precise. The side parallax can be quite stiff and I know of one that's had to go back for repair because the parallax adjustment got so stiff it was hard to move. Reticle with target dot is clear and straight. In my opinion a good value scope which is well made - hence I've kept mine rather than cashing it in.

4. CharlieNC

CharlieNC

SIII are great scopes for the money. For tactical matches I shoot the 6-24 first focal plane. You may want to consider the ffp for varmints in order to make quick wind holds using the reticle. No problem resolving 1moa at long distances.

5. SS427

SS427 Site $$ Contributor

The best scope on the market in that power and price range. I have two and I really like them. Can shoot very small aggs with a 6mmBR and PPC, so I know they are not drifting. Was so happy with these two, and with the review James Mock gave the 10-50x, I bought one of those too. My comparison for glass is a NF 15-55x and while the Sightrons are not quite as crisp, they are so close it doesn't matter.

6. Ironworker

Ironworker Site $$ Contributor

Dang maybe I'll keep mine.

gambleone likes this.
  7. davidpatton

davidpatton Site $$ Contributor

I love mine. Have always been able to see hits at 600 yards on ibs targets, and had exceptional luck at 1000 yards with it. Its been through about 7000 6mm rounds and 300 rounds on my 338. Still tracks flawlessly

8. davidpatton

davidpatton Site $$ Contributor

Not sure if pic will work but this is 1300 yards through my 8-32. Took pic with crappy cell phone, the black spots on the target are visable impacts. Screenshot_2017-04-21-06-21-04-1.png

Richard Jones likes this.
  9. Richard Jones

Richard Jones just glad to be here Site $$ Contributor

I own 2, if that's any indication. Very pleased with both.

10. Lightload

Lightload Site $$ Contributor

I have two, also. I really like the MOA-2 reticle. Small center dot with moa ranging hash marks on crossbars. Makes it easy to aim at small objects (clay birds) at 1000yds.

davidpatton and jghoghunter like this.
  11. JLT

JLT Site $$ Contributor

I have two 8-32s and two 6-24s. I think the Sightrons are excellent values. They track with the best of them, very good optical quality and I, too, like the MOA-2 reticle. The eye box is pretty generous as well.

12. LarryDScott

LarryDScott Site $$ Sponsor

You have made an excellent choice. Quality and a lifetime warranty. IMHO Sightron is the best value in the scope market As for reticle choice, thats a personal preference. LDS

13. Mark McMahon

Mark McMahon

Thanks Guys, appreciate your comments and the time you took to make them

14. nmkid

nmkid Site $$ Contributor

I will be ordering one this weekend. Already have the 6x24. The 6x24will go on my .20 Practical and the 8x32 will go on my 6-284. Perfect for my shooting and it, (talking about my present 6x24) tracks great.