opinions on this action

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by chet, May 16, 2018.

1. chet

chet

2. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

Yes, if you do a dasher you may have to replace the clipped mini16 extractor with one thats not clipped if the cases drop off. No big deal.

3. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

Yes. It's a very popular action. Take a look at Stiller Predator while you're at it or go for the gold ring and look at a Borden.

Puzzaz01 and hogpatrol like this.
  4. chet

chet

hi Josh
    i see the predator is not the configuration i am after which is the right bolt left port, also the defiant comes with an integral recoil lug, and the tenon may be longer.and the Borden is nice,Borden action is a long wait and not sure it has the integral lug option, still thinking the defiant might be a better choice over the predator.

chet

5. abishai

abishai Gold $$ Contributor

I have one on a tac rifle and would highly recommend it.

6. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

Surprised to see someone with a right bolt/left port in stock. Good find. If that's the action you need, I would get it. Defiance are very nice. I did a little work to the top of the bolt body cocking ramp on my Defiance for smoother cycling while I was timing the trigger. Other than that they seem as nice as anything else out there.

7. geraldgee

geraldgee Gold $$ Contributor

+1 on both Defiance and Greg @ Bugholes. Good luck with your build.

steve s likes this.
  8. chet

chet

i started this post mentioning either the 6 Dasher or the 6.5 CM, been thinking possible a 300wsm also, would this action still be suitable

chet

9. Trophied

Trophied Gold $$ Contributor

Northland Shooters Supply has Bighorn TL3, short action single shot, right bolt left port, integral recoil lug, in stock at $1250. Interchangeable bolt heads. They only take orders by phone per my last e-mail to them a while back.

10. alintx

alintx

Check with Adam at gunware.net too. He keeps allot of actions and will steer you right!

11. HunterLand

HunterLand

300wsm for sure. Good luck!

12. 69mach

69mach Silver $$ Contributor

300 wsm is a good accurate efficient 30 cal. cartridge but will require a mag. Bolt face.

13. 6MMsteve

6MMsteve Gold $$ Contributor

300wsm and go for it, I don't have one but they seem to do well at ORG Penn 1000yd club

14. Daveinjax

Daveinjax Silver $$ Contributor

Short answer is no. It has the standard .473” bolt face. The WSM is a magnum .535” bolt face.

15. Puzzaz01

Puzzaz01 Gold $$ Contributor

Two thumbs up on the Borden! Buy once, cry once.

16. Sniper338

Sniper338

I have two devients... the intergeated lug is nice, the extra long tenon makes me feel its holding on better, the integrated rail I LOVE...

NIT PICKING - They arent as smooth, crisp and tight as a BAT. BUT clean and set up, they are smoothe and function fabulously. Kinda hard to nit pick.... weight, they are heavier.. but they are SOLID...

Id say bat and borden are yet nicer for an all out best you can buy... but its 6 in one half dozen in another after that. My devients Ive shot a couple .0 groups with, they aint a hinder on accuracy at all..