opinions on this action

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by chet, May 16, 2018 at 8:50 PM.

1. chet

chet

2. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

Yes, if you do a dasher you may have to replace the clipped mini16 extractor with one thats not clipped if the cases drop off. No big deal.

3. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

Yes. It's a very popular action. Take a look at Stiller Predator while you're at it or go for the gold ring and look at a Borden.

4. chet

chet

hi Josh
    i see the predator is not the configuration i am after which is the right bolt left port, also the defiant comes with an integral recoil lug, and the tenon may be longer.and the Borden is nice,Borden action is a long wait and not sure it has the integral lug option, still thinking the defiant might be a better choice over the predator.

chet

5. abishai

abishai Gold $$ Contributor

I have one on a tac rifle and would highly recommend it.

6. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

Surprised to see someone with a right bolt/left port in stock. Good find. If that's the action you need, I would get it. Defiance are very nice. I did a little work to the top of the bolt body cocking ramp on my Defiance for smoother cycling while I was timing the trigger. Other than that they seem as nice as anything else out there.

7. geraldgee

geraldgee Gold $$ Contributor

+1 on both Defiance and Greg @ Bugholes. Good luck with your build.

8. chet

chet

i started this post mentioning either the 6 Dasher or the 6.5 CM, been thinking possible a 300wsm also, would this action still be suitable

chet

9. Trophied

Trophied Gold $$ Contributor

Northland Shooters Supply has Bighorn TL3, short action single shot, right bolt left port, integral recoil lug, in stock at $1250. Interchangeable bolt heads. They only take orders by phone per my last e-mail to them a while back.