Opinions on Krieger vs Bartlein barrels

Discussion in '6mm, 6.5mm, and .25 Cal (Not 6BR)' started by jepp2, Jun 6, 2019.

1. jepp2

jepp2 Gold $$ Contributor

I normally use Krieger barrels but have a couple of Lilja barrels. Excellent results with all. I'm planning to buy a pre-fit from Southern Precision Rifles in 6mm Creedmoor. And I am thinking about using Bartlein this time.

I know, they are all premium barrels, but just curious if you have experience with both, and would care to offer what you would select.

2. ShootDots

ShootDots Gold $$ Contributor

Personally, I don't like to "fix" what isn't broke. I have YET to get a Krieger barrel that won't shoot. So, if you are getting excellent results with Krieger, as your post suggests, why worry about a different make of barrel? You KNOW that Krieger WILL shoot, why change??

3. Lbart

Lbart

As Benjamin states Krieger makes fine barrels, but my go to choice for the last 10 + years has been Bartlein! Superb service, unbelievable accuracy! I hate to think of all the rounds & $'s I put down range with their barrels and I've been lucky enough to win a bunch of tournaments and set a lot of records using Bartlien Barrels. I am not about to change!

B Nettesheim, Rushty, FrankG and 6 others like this.
  4. IdahoSharpshooter

IdahoSharpshooter Gold $$ Contributor

Bartlein barrels are cut rifled, and available with a gain twist. I like that, along with the fact that if you want a barrel in a non-standard twist they will make it. If they ever make me one that will not out shoot my capabilities I might look elsewhere. Until then, all of my modern rifles will have Bartlein. That probably includes the fifty caliber that will go on my Borchardt 50-90.

Brady W and jepp2 like this.
  5. tomswede

tomswede

Have both Kreiger and Bartlein, can’t go wrong with either. Never had any issues, would be hard pressed to tell them apart from the results.

ChrisNZ, Cloudrepair, Eric73 and 4 others like this.
  6. dogdude

dogdude Egan O'Brien Gold $$ Contributor

Flip a coin. Both are great.

ChrisNZ, Longrange57, Rushty and 5 others like this.
  7. MikeMcCasland

MikeMcCasland Silver $$ Contributor

I've had both, and can't really tell the difference between em. They have all shot great.

8. X-47B

X-47B X-III:XVI Gold $$ Contributor

I’m a Kreiger fan. Both are the best. Tho, if I have heard correctly, did not the guys who own Bartlein work and learn at Kreiger?

msinc and Farmerboy78 like this.
  9. Don

Don Gold $$ Contributor

10. 1shot

1shot

I have shot "cleans" at 600 yds. with both brands of barrels. If you get a faulty one, both companies will stand behind their product 100%.
    I hope this helps,

Lloyd

11. Willow

Willow

I've owned and shot both and they're both equal as long as you've got a good Smith

Longrange57 likes this.
  12. boltfluter

boltfluter Gold $$ Contributor

Kreiger has always been the gold standard for me! I would not change unless I had good reason too. Customer service that goes above and beyond. End of story. :D:D

Paul

Bc'z, jepp2, CT10ring and 6 others like this.
  13. hunt127588

hunt127588

I have 2 Kriegers, a Rock 5R and Hawk Hill. Of them all, one Krieger shoots at the top of them all, the other Krieger shoots no better than a factory barrel (bottom of the heap). I'm not stating Krieger is at fault. I had a 27" blank cut to 20" which may have been some of the issue. I have been told to cut off as little of the blank (at least 1") as possible when chambering.

With that, I consider all brands that are cut-rifled.

14. JohnHenry

JohnHenry

Shoot both. Both make great barrels.

Longrange57 and mongo chicago like this.
  15. MrMajestic

MrMajestic Gold $$ Contributor

Customer service makes both excellent choices....Frank at Bartlein stands behind his products...

Cloudrepair, Longrange57 and Mark W like this.
  16. Lbart

Lbart

You can say that again!

17. 1badgoat

1badgoat Gold $$ Contributor

On my 4rth Krieger barrel. All have shot well beyond my capabilities.
    No personal experience with Bartlein.

18. zipollini

zipollini Silver $$ Contributor

19. linebaugh

linebaugh Silver $$ Contributor

That's a loaded analogy. Bartlein sponsors prize tables. Many of the things changing on that site from year to year are heavily affected by sponsorship and fanboy dollars.

To the OP. As stated repeatedly above you are trying to pick from two of the best of the best for barrels. There is no wrong decision to he had with your two options.

LGKLAS, Longrange57, Hoodoo and 5 others like this.
  20. B23

B23 Gold $$ Contributor

I have a few Krieger barrels, they are excellent, but I've never owned a Bartlein barrel. Even though I've personally never used a Bartlein barrel before, I would feel 100% confident in one if I ever decided to.

There's probably no less than ten different barrel manufacturers out there that all make an equally excellent barrel, both Krieger and Bartlein are, easily, on that list of ten.

Zero333, Evan and Mark W like this.