One question----seeking opinions

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Lucky Shooter, Aug 13, 2019.

1. 300_whisper

300_whisper Gold $$ Contributor

If everyone jumped ship and went to GOA, we wouldn’t have this NRA problem.

Same goes with our politicians, if everyone quit settling we could clean house and get new blood in.

But nope...this is how we’ve always done it.

Sharing my thoughts before this thread gets closed and or deleted.

22BRGUY likes this.
  2. littlebuddybr

littlebuddybr Gold $$ Contributor

I thought they were gone. Haven't heard about them in probably 20 years. Think I still have one of their shirts.
    Will look them up.

22BRGUY likes this.
  3. corning

corning

Spread your contributions around:

1) NRA
    2) NAGR (National Association for Gun Rights)
    3) GOA (Gun Owners of America)

They are all reputed to be fighting for the same thing: our Second Amendment Rights!

littlebuddybr and 300_whisper like this.
  4. 300_whisper

Never heard of NAGR thanks for the info.

5. hpshooter

hpshooter Gold $$ Contributor

" They'll chase another source."

Like Bloomberg or George Soras!!

6. 22BRGUY

22BRGUY

"Cognitive Dissonance" is when deep down a person KNOWS the truth, but doesn't want to face it because it's too painful.

300_whisper likes this.
  7. Ccrider

Ccrider Gold $$ Contributor

Enlightening thread. After much self reflection, I have concluded that at this moment, lifetime would send a message of condonation of their current practices-a message I don’t care to send.

At the same time, as my Dad always said, “don’t throw out the baby with the bathwater.” Not to support NRA at all would be doing just that.

Dgd6mm and Mark W like this.
  8. 300_whisper

I’m already stuck with lifetime. That’s why I’m annoyed at the NRA. Didn’t realize my $650 was going toward suits and losing rights.

Guys on other forums I’m on are already talking about “what we can compromise” to make sure the government doesn’t take too many rights. No compromise, but that’s what happens when the NRA goes to the negotiating table.

Ccrider likes this.
  9. Joe Salt

Joe Salt Silver $$ Contributor

What I think Trump is going for with the background checks, is that he will want Reciprocity in all states for concealed carry! And I would go for that.

Joe salt

AJC and Dusty Stevens like this.
  10. R.Morehouse

R.Morehouse Gold $$ Contributor

I send some $ to the NRA now & then but had not rejoined to keep them from blowing up my mailbox. I DID join this year as a requirement to belong to a gun club that has good benches and a good SR BR bunch shooting there.......The mailbox is under assault once again...o_O

Regards
    Rick

Dgd6mm and dbduff like this.
  11. chuckshooter

chuckshooter Silver $$ Contributor

The NRA also supports local gun clubs like ours here in Lincoln with grants to help our range and other small clubs, so it's also bottom up not just top down that your contributions go to.

Big_Daddy likes this.
  12. Lucky Shooter

Lucky Shooter Gold $$ Contributor

I don't have a lot of money to throw at this but I'll make a small extra donation to the
    NRA and possibly other 2A organizations.

My logic on this is that losing this battle will be very costly in comparison to the amount
    I'd donate. This whole situation just scares the hell out of me and maybe the NRA has
    the most clout.

A. Weldy

13. Bbear

Bbear Gold $$ Contributor

I find it interesting that people here are all bent up because of an article in that bastion of pro-2A news - the NY Times and by the 2A friendly folks at CNN et al (and yes, I'm including Fox in that). All of this because some supposed 'dirt' was thrown out there, put together to sound the worst it could possibly sound just because a group tried to keep their cash cow sending them milk (cash cow aka Ackermann-McQueen).
    Is there smoke? probably. Is there fire? maybe but, that's what the courts are all suppose to be for. Don't want to give $$ to the NRA? That's your prerogative. But when did the NY Times and all the others suddenly start telling the truth about something they have consistently tried to destroy (aka the 2nd Amendment)? And why would you NOW start to believe every thing they print AS LONG AS IT IS ANTI-NRA?

ppaul likes this.
  14. 300_whisper

Could care less about what cancer news network says or any news for that matter. If anything needs regulation they do.

Also, who cares how much the 67 boards members are getting paid?

This is what I care about...the NRA supported the following bills to “soften” the blow on firearm owners.

1934 machine gun ban

1967 Mulford act

1968 gun control act

1986 Hughes amendment

Supports the NICS

“Approved” of trumps bump-stock ban and the unconstitutional way they were made illegal.

And currently at the negotiating table with our beloved politicians figuring what we, firearm owners, can do without to protect the rest of 2A.

Nope...they aren’t on my team, or anyone who gives a damn about firearms. The GOA was formed because the current leaders thought the NRA was too soft!

Scarface26 and hpshooter like this.
  15. 300_whisper

Gun Owners of America (GOA) is a gun rightsorganization in the United States with over two million members.[4] It makes efforts to differentiate itself from the larger National Rifle Association (NRA) and has publicly criticized the NRA on multiple occasions for what it considers to be compromising on gun rights.

16. CT10ring

CT10ring Gold $$ Contributor

good info, thanks. new to me & checking into GOA.

17. spclark

spclark Gold $$ Contributor

You forgot to link to the website you opened with?

https://gunowners.org/

300_whisper likes this.
  18. 300_whisper

Thanks I don’t know why it linked like that in my previous post.

19. 300_whisper

@Bbear and anyone else reading my posts. Please don’t read it as me Taking it personally or being an ass. I can’t convey tone through the interwebs. I respect everyone’s opinions and beliefs. These are just my viewpoints.

I’m rereading my posts, and I sound like a jerk. I don’t mean to be. We all have the same endstate, just different ways of achieving it.

Dusty Stevens likes this.
  20. antelopedundee

antelopedundee

Which they promptly squander sending you their countless pleas for money.