Officially hunting season in Missouri

Discussion in 'Varminter & Hunting Forum' started by Immike, Sep 1, 2018.

1. timeout

timeout Silver $$ Contributor

You better get an elk right quick like or you're going to run out of food. That should be ideal incentive to get it done!

Immike likes this.
  2. pirate ammo

pirate ammo Guaranteed to take the wind out of their sails Gold $$ Contributor

never,never,ride with someone else,learned that a long time ago,,you already got everything packed so stop complaining and go get us something to BAR-B-QUE,,LIKE now
    i'M hungry,,

simo hayha, timeout and Immike like this.
  3. Immike

Immike Silver $$ Contributor

I’m running on empty trying to get out of here, crazy busy today. Everyone’s acting like I’ve already been gone a week. Lol
    About 5-6 days of cold camping should bring me down for food. Without Verizon I doubt I will have phone again.

simo hayha, timeout and pirate ammo like this.
  4. pirate ammo

forget phone,,as most boat captains will tell you ,we have operated with little or no sleep for days at the time,,get with the program,,I'm HUNGRY,,,

Immike likes this.
  5. Immike

4252AE94-8A5E-4B6E-87EC-23498EC5B696.jpeg
    10-4 on the phone. I have a long drive ahead of me with a brutal climb when I step out of the truck. I’m in good shape after the training exercise I just had or I wouldn’t attempt this. Thanks for the fun guys, can’t wait to get back and work. Lol

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    timeout likes this.
  6. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

Yeah budy, travel light, drive safe.

Immike and timeout like this.
  7. JaoeyP

JaoeyP

Fellow Troy, MO member anxiously following, waiting for those hunt pics!

pirate ammo likes this.
  8. pirate ammo

forget the pics,,we want food,,:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. JaoeyP

JaoeyP

Yeah that's what I meant! When's the cookout!!

pirate ammo likes this.
  10. pirate ammo

maybe he'll drop some off on the way back,,it will be a big one, I have confidence in him,,:rolleyes:

11. Immike

Made it to Denver and had dinner with sister and her kids and grandkids. May be awhile before you hear from me again, should be opening day of deer in Missouri today.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  12. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

Them Missouri bucks ain't in the rut yet.
    Those rocky mountain elk are!
    I like to try n mimic a young bull with a couple few cows, it may not drag the heard bull out but it sure as hell can get you a good satalite.
    Good luck.

13. Immike

IMG_1502.JPG Had a setback today, my logging road was destroyed to restore wilderness area. Plan A won't work. I'm pretty exhausted from a futile attempt but not discouraged. Walking in from the road early morning to assess things. Muzzle loader season is over tomorrow so looking forward to good week for hunting without the 4 wheeler gang riding the road below.

Edit: walked to the upper slide area you see in the picture. I'm whipped. No elk to be heard or seen. Very dry and hot this year. Can't get pics up. Going to bedding area tomorrow.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018 at 9:49 PM
    timeout, pirate ammo and simo hayha like this.
  14. pirate ammo

we haven't heard from Mike in almost three days,,he may have fell asleep or trying to pack a big one out, I vote for the latter,,

15. timeout

You can bet that he has no cell service!

16. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

Probably down in a hole of quakies with a big branch bull tearing it up!!!

17. pirate ammo

I don't know, seen a clip on news this morning of a bull elk chasing a guy,,hope it wasn't Mike,,:eek:

18. Immike

A7BC998A-E3D6-49E2-8A32-BF559052CCA8.jpeg 06189C6E-C74C-4514-8812-9B34B91557AA.jpeg 65DF7098-58B2-4C57-B34E-4312DEF6D88A.jpeg C3476AAB-CAD5-4D7D-91A1-DCB752E16D0D.jpeg This is what the beetle has done to the Arapaho national forest north of granby. I searched for another place to move and it’s all like this. They seem to be preparing for the place to burn. I did go back up into the bedding area and spent all day hunting a spring in the hell hole they hide in without any sightings of animals. One of my guys from the previous trip had a heart attach after we returned so it’s not too smart to do this alone. With a report of burden at home to accommodate my adventure I drove all night to relieve them. Time to find a new place to hunt elk

timeout likes this.
  19. pirate ammo

at least we know now your still breathing,,I hope your friend recovers,,pine bark beetles are everywhere,,doing brisket for friday I'll save you some,,

Immike likes this.
  20. timeout

Guess the pictures dispel that theory! Looks like what is left of the dark timber. Sure hope Mike doesn't hold it against us for sending him back out there!

Immike likes this.