NXS 8 compared to Mark 5 HD

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by xswanted, Jul 1, 2019.

1. xswanted

xswanted Gold $$ Contributor

Hi guys,

Has anyone been able to compare a 4-32 NXS 8 side by side with a 7-35 Mark 5?

Ive narrowed down my searching to these two scopes for now and would like some real world opinions on each of them or any negatives that you have found with either.

Positives as well.

I know the NXS 8 is awfully new but it seems there’s always someone out there that has had some time with new stuff!

Thank you

2. 284winner

284winner Gold $$ Contributor

I think it's the NX8 4-32 your speaking of. Not alot of good reviews out yet and probably not many in hand yet to test.

3. chevytruck_83

chevytruck_83

I’ve only been able to look through the nxs while holding it in hand as I left for vacation shortly after opening the box. The turrets feel good, it’s nice how close you can be to a target and still focus, the reticle isn’t to thick at high magnification and though it’s not a practical test while holding in hand it seem surprisingly clear at high magnification. Can’t wait to get it mounted and try on my rifle.

McGraw and xswanted like this.
  4. xswanted

xswanted Gold $$ Contributor

Thank you!

I’m a Leupold diehard, inown one Nightforce now and it’s been flawless since day one. I’ve owned a couple in the past as well and liked them

Currently I’m leaning towards the NX8. My only concern is eye relief with that large of a magnification range.

5. dragman

dragman Gold $$ Contributor

I just got a few,
    Really really like them. The glass isn't on par with my 7-35 ATACR, but other than that I see it being a slam dunk for under 2K.

McGraw, Ledd Slinger and xswanted like this.
  6. 1badgoat

1badgoat Gold $$ Contributor

How is the tracking? After owning multiple atacr's I am weary about purchasing anything less.

7. dragman

I have only mounted and dry fired and run them on my board to so far. Everything looks great im honestly more than impressed so far. I haven't done any shooting yet and am leaving for vacation so I won't any time soon.

xswanted likes this.
  8. dragman

I did check the 4-32 and without the caps on and no shade it weighed in at 29.23 ounces on my scale.

xswanted likes this.
  9. McGraw

McGraw Silver $$ Contributor

B4160B74-3F53-49E3-B517-72899D8FB367.gif

xswanted likes this.
  10. rhovee

rhovee

I would buy a Mark5 if it came in SFP

xswanted likes this.
  11. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

I considered the Mark 5 seriously until I looked at one. Glass is great and turrets feel really good. My issue with it is the reticle Leupold seems to think is any good. It's missing the middle section. I hate that. Makes precise aiming at long range mich more difficult. Same reason I hate the Nikon BDC reticles.