Now is prime time for high desert ground squirrels (sage rats/whistle pigs/squeaks)

Discussion in 'Varminter & Hunting Forum' started by SageRatSafaris, Jun 18, 2018.

1. SageRatSafaris

SageRatSafaris

The Caldwell Stable Table? Your original design looks WAY more sturdy and stable. If the bench isn't rock solid stable, it's useless. I haven't tried a Caldwell Stable Table, the price looks too low for the stability I want.

2. Rick in Oregon

Rick in Oregon

The Stable Table was Caldwell's answer to making the original design more "affordable" to more shooters. It takes the basic design and eliminates many components, making most of them with thinner material of lesser diameter. Only one leg is adjustable on the ST also. But surprisingly, it's more stable than you'd think, but it needs a much larger bench top to be of any real use in the field. If the shooters trigger arm is floating in the air, elbow dangling, no reasonable degree of accuracy can be attained.

Midway sells beaucoup more ST's than BRP's, and it's because of price. Most shooters who only go out for rats once or twice a year don't want to pony up for quality rotating benches. The serious guys however (most here) are usually wanting the best they can afford. That fact alone is why when we were in business selling the BR Pivot Lite with ballistic nylon carry/storage bag sets, we could not produce them fast enough. Considering what the set sold for, I was truly surprised at how many serious riflemen purchased the bench and bag sets. Glad I held on to a couple!

SageRatSafaris and CoyoteTan like this.
  3. SageRatSafaris

SageRatSafaris

Thanks for the insight. Interesting backstory.

4. alinwa

alinwa

Dude those are NEW!! They look nothing like my BR Pivots.....

How do I rebuild the plastic sleeve? Material and thickness please if you'd be so kind.