Nosler Custom brass vs. Norma...

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Santee116, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Santee116

Santee116

I am new to reloading so this may be a dumb question. Which have you found to be of better quality, Nosler or Norma brass. I am looking to buy brass for my 300 win mag and from what I have read Lapua seems to be the best, however, they don't make 300 win mag brass. So, which would you go with?

Thanks in advance.

2. Mikem

Mikem

First off Santee, Welcome to the best reloading site on the net.
    I think you would be happy with either, but the Norma may be the best. But that's just my opinion, and I haven't used Nosler.
    Its also not unheard of for some companies to have there brass made for them, having your own brass manufacturing plant is a big deal.
    PS: No question about reloading is a dumb question, that's how we learn.
    Mike.

3. fullersson

fullersson B&B Gunworks bbgunworks.com Site $$ Contributor

I'm using nosler brass and it works great since I've got it to the point that it needs to be, but right out of the box I was not impressed. I think I would have had just as much luck with winchester or some less expensive brass.

4. boltman13

boltman13

I have used Nosler 308 brass with great success in my tight necked Hunter Benchrest rifle. With a tight chamber, and neck sizing only, with the occasional bump of the shoulder I am getting the expected long case life. Brass was very uniform and primer pockets have stayed tight. I have no experience with Norma in this case but I have some old Norma 257 Roberts cases I bought back in the late 1970's and they seem indestructable. Other reloaders I know have nothing but praise for their Norma cases.