North American Rimfire Postal Matches- New way to have fun!

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by billybarrou, Sep 16, 2018.

1. billybarrou

billybarrou

North American Rimfire Postal Matches

This is an exploratory email to seek out interest and support for a new organization that will hopefully become home to a successful Smallbore Benchrestshooting discipline.

A new twist on an old idea…shooters across the land shooting monthly matches on their own schedules and mailing in (perhaps photo and email) the results. With Factory, Custom and Unlimited classes there will be a comfort zone for every level of experience and sophistication. It will eventually, of course, rely on the competitors’ integrity and honor in complying with class limitations, general rules and regulations.

We are currentlt designing a new 8.5” x 14” target with four sighters and 20 record bulls, easily mailable. The targets will resemble and score like USBR targets, not ARA. We don’t mean to compete with the ARA or any other organization’s matches, but supplant them such that anyone, anywhere can compete on our small stage. This will allow shooters who don’t have access to the very few sanctioned ARA or USBR matches to still compete and have fun, which is the real goal here.

Brief Summaryof prospective guidelines:

22LR only, any gun, triggers, barrels, scopes, stocks, etc

Factory guns, any weight, Custom guns,10.5 lb limit, Unlimited guns, no restrictions, may restrict type and cost of ammo

Shoot targets at 50-yardsduring daylight hours only, scored by another shooter or witness

Only one match target may be submitted per month

Open to all shooters in Canada, Mexico and the USA

Junior (1:cool: and Senior (19+) divisions

Targets at cost with match fees of only $2-3 per month

Please mention this to your smallbore friends and for starters send an email with your name and email contact information to NARPMINFO@YAHOO.COM. That is a personal email I just set up for this purpose only. Let’s see if we can get several hundred interested parties together for openers. I will post this introduction on several forums soon, and with your help we should be able to reach a substantial population. You also have my word that your information will not be disseminated to anyone for any reason. It is strictly for our internal organizational purposes.

Assuming we can get a few hundred shooters, we can keep the cost down to a few dollars per month and still award prizes such as silver coins and the like. More on that after we see what kind of general interest we can garner in the near term. I’d like to see if we can get this organized and operational by the end of the year, such that we can begin our matches by winter or early spring, as soon as the ‘snowbound’ can get to the range!

Very truly yours,

Bill Buck, proponent and organizer

10 Roma Ct

Palm Coast, FL 32137

bill.buck@mac.com

828-707-5051

2. jps2486

jps2486

I'm interested. Please keep me in the loop.

Paul Stakun
    Zephyrhills, FL
    stakun37@gmail.com

3. daleboy

daleboy Silver $$ Contributor

Sounds like a great idea,I will pass the word around . In the meantime,email sent . Thanks for taking the time for this. It would be great if this happened before the dead of winter here,anything colder than 20 below and we stay near the woodstove...but warmer days we shoot to fight off cabin fever.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  4. kzin

kzin

fwiw,
    I think you mean supplement.
    Supplant is exactly what you don't mean.

5. billybarrou

billybarrou

Thanks, you're right. I changed the sentence format but not all of the words.

6. boltman13

boltman13 Gold $$ Contributor

If you want to make it less expensive have your target print on a standard 8.5"X11 sheet of paper. Might be small but easy to print and mail out and back. If more shooters want to join in the targets could be copied locally and the money sent in with the results. Just my few cents worth.

7. Ggmac

Ggmac

Sounds GREAT
    Gary in LAKE WORTH ! FL

8. GaryL1959

GaryL1959

Sounds like a great idea!

9. hpshooter

hpshooter Gold $$ Contributor

Very interested.
    E mail sent

T W Hudson

10. billybarrou

billybarrou

Thanks for the input. There's a Rimfire Central 10-shot target available as a .pdf file that anyone can download and print. For starters, at least, we'll use that one and see how it goes. For anyone who's interested in this, please contact me with your name, email address and state of residence and I'll put you on our roster and keep you in the loop. Send info to narpminfo@yahoo.com. Thanks again, Bill.

11. billybarrou

billybarrou

We now have 62 shooters but can use hundreds more, so please send an email requesting info and I'll reply asap. Send your name, state of residence and email address to narpminfo@yahoo.com. Your info will be held in strict confidence.

Thanks for your interest,

Bill