SELLING NF NXS 12-42X56

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, Sights, Rings, Bases Etc.' started by cjkostic, Apr 15, 2019.

Trader History (53)
  1. cjkostic

cjkostic Silver $$ Contributor

For sale is my Nightforce NXS 12-42X56 scope; 30mm tube; .25MOA clicks; illuminated NP-2DD reticle; sunshade. Was mounted in Nightforce X-Treme Duty Ultralite rings. Shows light smoothing of the matte finish where the ring halves joined; no marks through the finish anywhere. Overall excellent condition; never saw much time at the range. Spent its life mounted on a 700 Remington in 6BR. Performed beautifully when used. I added the white up/down, l/r labels to the turrets to make things easy on my shortening attention span -- easily removed without damage. Rubber caps included; no box and no paperwork.

PRICE: $1650.00 shipped conUS.

Attached Files:

2. Keebs19

Keebs19

Awesome scope. What size dot?

3. Keebs19

Keebs19

Looks like a great scope.. I believe the dot is 1/8 inch..
    Why no box, sun shade or caps?..
    Chriskeebler1@yahoo.com
    610-960-0703

4. cjkostic

According to the NF website, the center dot in an NP-2DD reticle is as follows:

.30 M.O.A. @ 15x, .1875 M.O.A. @ 22x, .13 M.O.A. @ 32x, .10 M.O.A. @ 42x

5. cjkostic

No box and papers because......my dog ate it! Actually, pretty close -- somehow the tote I used to store scope boxes and other equipment boxes was lost during our move eight years ago. No idea whatever happened to it.

6. Keebs19

Keebs19

Lol blame it on the dog... classic.. how old is the scope

7. cjkostic

Aha!! I have a "NF Competition" file that I thought only had paperwork for my NF Competition. Upon closer examination, I found a pamphlet labeled "Reticle Information for NXS and Precision Benchrest Riflescopes." Inside I found the inspection sticker that has to be from the NXS (I only own two NF scopes) which states it passed inspection on 1/22/09. So, just over 10 years old.

8. Keebs19

Keebs19

I am looking for a scope and was leaning towards the sightron until I saw your scope..No disrespect. Not real knowledgeable About night force scope’s.. I am trying to find a difference between your scope which is the force Nxs And the NF from Optix planet The Percision benchrest Illuminated rectal for 1419.00 in the same power

9. cjkostic

I am not able to identify the specific differences between the NXS and Precision Benchrest series of Nightforce scopes. One difference I am aware of is the NXS has a side focus while the benchrest has objective focus. Having owned both side and objective focus scopes (not Nightforce), I personally find the side focus much more convenient and easier to "fine tune" the focus.

Perhaps some scope experts can chime in.

10. k80skeet

k80skeet

I have a 8x32x56NSX Np-2dd and bought it new it didn't come with caps or sunshade either just rubber caps.

11. ChrisNZ

ChrisNZ

Amazing- the light shines out of its butt!

12. RChilders

RChilders

Lol

13. tenring

tenring Silver $$ Contributor

I had a NXS - it had 1/4th min adjustments and side focus; have 3 BR's and they have 1/8th min adjustments; and of course, obj lens focus.

Lone Hunter likes this.
  14. cjkostic

15. chevytruck_83

chevytruck_83

If this scope has zero stop I’ll take it. Not sure if the 12-42 were offered with it or not but if not free bump I guess.

16. 69mach

69mach Silver $$ Contributor

The nxs 12-42 was never offered with zero stop. it is a great scope All the same

17. cjkostic

Nope, no zero stop.

18. XTR

XTR

I'll never understand putting zero stops on a target scope. You certainly aren't in a hurry or dialing in the dark, and they add $250 to the price of a NF, and in the 5 yrs I've been shooting my NF Comp scope I've never used it. Don't know how to set it and don't care.

Compared to the BR scope the NXS has 10MOA per rev on the turrets, the BR has 6MOA. If you shoot to 1000 yards and the wind ever blows to more than 12MPH you will learn why that's a big deal, at least to some of us. Coming to the line in the next match with the windage turret a full turn off is troublesome.

The BR has parallax adjustment on the objective, the NXS has it on the side. I think the NXS is a little lighter than the BR.

NXS scopes are illuminated, I didn't know mine had it for about 3 yrs, and I've never used it in the 9 yrs I've owned them (two of them).

The NP-2DD reticle was the most popular reticle that NF made for shooting F class. The new DDR-2 in the Comp scope is just a copy, and a lot of people will tell you (self included) that they didn't need to change anything. The new one isn't better, just slightly different.

19. cjkostic

Thanks for the info, XTR. TTT

20. Keebs19

Keebs19

You very much for schooling me on a different scopes. A lot of great information.