New year for the 6mm BR-A

Discussion in '6BR, 6BR Improved & Wildcats' started by jamesdmock, Jan 3, 2018.

1. jamesdmock

jamesdmock Gold $$ Contributor

DSCF2010 (2).JPG In 2017, I was able to only shoot 2, 600 yard matches with the 6 BR-A and my results were less than I expected. However, I believe that it was not the cartridge, but the fact that I did not develop a consistent load before the match. Now I have about 400 rounds down the 8 twist Brux and believe that I have a load (and tuner setting) that will work (we will see). My best and most consistent load to date is as follows: 30.6 gr. H4895/ 105 Bart Infinity @ .005 off lands / Fed 205 primer. However, the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray, and competition will show the true merits of this combo. Good shooting and happy new year. James

PS- The above group was shot with the above described load at 200 yards (3 shots). This same load shot a 3-shot group at 600 yards at about 1.1 inches in less than ideal conditions.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Alex Wheeler, comagutsa, kvd and 5 others like this.
  2. tclaunch

tclaunch Silver $$ Contributor

Very encouraging results James, keep it hammering!! I also have a 6BR-Ackley screwed on my BAT and have a test and tune trip planned once again as weather permits. Not used to these single digits!!

Jet and Stan Taylor like this.
  3. Capt. Oblivious

Capt. Oblivious

I really need 1, good shooting!

4. chevi_guy

chevi_guy

James
    How long is your barrel?
    I just got mine done a month ago I'am still fire forming brass only 50 rnds so far.
    I sure hope mine shoots like that when I get it tuned up. That's some 200yd group.
    Got some Barts 105's a few weeks ago have not tried them yet.

5. jamesdmock

jamesdmock Gold $$ Contributor

My barrel is 30" plus an Ezell tuner. I thought of cutting it back to 28" but probably won't. James

R.Morehouse and dogdude like this.
  6. jackson1

jackson1

Thank you James. Great information. As soon as the temperature gets over 20 degrees, I will start developing my 6 BRA loads. Below zero here this morning. Fire forming first and serious testing once my Vapor trails arrive. First match in early May.

7. JBT

JBT Gold $$ Contributor

Great shooting James!

8. daniel brothers

daniel brothers Silver $$ Contributor

Since it missed the bullseye....does that mean it's up for sale...LOL