New Trijicon Ventus -- LRF Reads Wind Speed and Direction

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by Forum Boss, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

This appears to be break-through technology. Trijicon's new Ventus Rangefinder uses collimated quad lasers to read wind speed and direction out to 500 yards (user Doppler LIDAR tech). Ventus X syncs with App that displays wind vectors.

According to Trijicon, the Ventus is “the world’s first advanced wind-mapping and range-detecting handheld device.” That’s right folks, this is a rangefinder that also “measures three-dimensional wind velocities at multiple distances out to 500 yards”. Trijicon also claims a 5000-yard ranging ability on reflective objects.

[​IMG]

Pretty remarkable new stuff:

Bulletin Article: http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...ng-technology-in-trijicon-ventus-rangefinder/

Trijicon Ventus Page: https://www.trijicon.com/products/category/trijicon-ventus

[​IMG]

dmoran and daleboy like this.
  2. OKyote73

OKyote73

This looks interesting...... keeping up to reviews

3. 1badgoat

1badgoat Gold $$ Contributor

Guess I should start saving my money. I'm sure the price tag will be a doozy.

dmoran likes this.
  4. Willow

Willow

I'd love to see how this operates as far as accuracy is concerned. You would think with advances in tech, this could be in the hands of many an F-class shooter in years to come if they can stretch it to a 1000 yards.

5. dmoran

dmoran Donovan Moran Silver $$ Contributor

Very innovative.....
    The app averages to wind speed and direction over the first 500yds of distance, will enhance ballistic solutions greatly IMO.
    And here I thought my single point WeatherMeter was sweet....lol

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  6. dthomas

dthomas Gold $$ Contributor

I don't think something like that should be allowed In f class or any other competition. If it works i think the technology is great and would be nice for hunting or fun shooting.

7. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd Gold $$ Contributor

Can someone hold and/or observe the rangefinder/windreader and shoot their rifle at the same time? I doubt it. Does this device tell the shooter how many clicks to adjust their windage turret? I doubt it. Although I think the technology is very cool and no doubt will continue to improve, I think F-Class competition is relatively safe from the onslaught of such devices for the time being, even if they weren't banned outright from the firing line during matches.

8. dskogman

dskogman Silver $$ Contributor

Electronic devices are already not allowed on the line in any high power competition.
    It would be great for training and prep though.

swd likes this.
  9. NV_Dmax

NV_Dmax Gold $$ Contributor

They have these that can go way further like the Torrey Pines Logic stuff. These would be badass at places like Deep Creek where it’s hard to see the left side range flag from the first couple firing points.

10. Zero333

Zero333 Silver $$ Contributor

Since Trijicon hasn't said how much it will cost... maybe we should guess for the time being.

My guess is $ 3,000

11. Kratos

Kratos Gold $$ Contributor

On snipershide multiple people are saying they've heard $9k from Trijicon reps, but this is unverified.

12. micmac

micmac

Anything below 10K $ is actualy a good deal , good 5000y LRFs alone cost around that

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020 at 4:16 PM
  13. Earnhardt

Earnhardt Gold $$ Contributor

Ya...$3000 would be nice! :)

14. VaRandy

VaRandy

I filled out the form on their website and asked them to contact me, They claimed someone would get back to me in about 24 hours. That was a week ago.