SELLING New style base for lab radar

Discussion in 'Tools, Dies, Rests, Reloading Components & Misc' started by arkcomatt, Apr 14, 2017.

Trader History (25)
  1. arkcomatt

arkcomatt Gold $$ Contributor

Now accepting orders on arkcomachine.com Can pay with credit card or PP.

Upgrade from the orange base. These are machined from aluminum and put together with stainless steel screws. The rubber feet are held on with screws also. No more coming off.

The legs have nylon washers between them and the base for smooth operation. The screws are torqued and thread locker applied.

One of the best things is, it will fit in the case with the unit. No more having to take apart! Just fold the legs.

It takes up less room on the bench and allows you to get it closer to the rifle.

It is very stable and holds up very well in high winds.

Thanks for looking.
    Matt

20170318_182822.jpg
    Fits easily!

20170318_183057.jpg

20170318_183147.jpg

20170318_183208.jpg

20170707_160936.jpg

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    LGKLAS and LA50SHOOTER like this.
  2. atombomb

atombomb Gold $$ Contributor

nice work!

BenPerfected and arkcomatt like this.
  3. arkcomatt

Thanks!

4. natdscott

natdscott Silver $$ Contributor

Great looking stuff Matt.

Teeny suggestion: offer a set of spikes/some other form of ground anchor for these same legs for the guys shooting prone, F-Class, Etc.

-Nate

skiutah02 and arkcomatt like this.
  5. Peterson1

Peterson1 Silver $$ Contributor

This is more stable than the Labradar base for my use--off a concrete BR bench
    Yet takes up less space.
    Also easier/quicker to set unit up and aimed at target.
    Never take the unit off for transportation in Labradar canvas case--I also leave the power pack attached, just unplug the power.

Only negative--There is no trade in of the Labradar base toward purchase of this base.
    So buy smart the first time!!!
    CLP

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    LGKLAS, LRTom and arkcomatt like this.
  6. skiutah02

skiutah02 Gold $$ Contributor

I'd be down with these, esp. if I can get the LR to be stable on the (uneven) ground. I really like the spike idea. Staying tuned....Drew

arkcomatt likes this.
  7. mroper3

mroper3 Silver $$ Contributor

Great product Matt!! Keep your L/R completely assembled, and in the storage bag. Sit it on the bench, and turn it on! Most stable base I have seen.

8. BartsBullets

BartsBullets Gold $$ Contributor

These bases are great for the Labrador! Stable and compact! Completely grab and go!

mroper3, riverwolf1 and arkcomatt like this.
  9. rardoin

rardoin Silver $$ Contributor

I have used my base from Arkomatt twice now and it is much better than the factory mount for stability and it stays attached/fits in the case assembled to unit. It does not have the gimbal type mount like the factory base but I have not found it to be an issue on a bench. With a little ingenuity, the original gimbal can be attached but then it would not fit in the original soft case assembled. Overall an excellent addition IMO.

arkcomatt likes this.
  10. arkcomatt

I am working on a tilt attachment that will not have to be removed when storing. I don't really believe it to be needed when shooting from the bench. So far no one has said anything about needing it. I have had a couple people request it. I will see what I can do.

On the idea for spikes for ground prone shooting, I am going to see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the comments and feedback.
    Matt

11. arkcomatt

12. arkcomatt

13. falconpilot

falconpilot Gold $$ Contributor

Guys,

If you own or plan to own a Lab Radar, you got to take a look at these bases..a must have for the LR...

arkcomatt likes this.
  14. arkcomatt

Thanks for all the orders. I still have many bases ready to ship.

Mikelf45 likes this.
  15. arkcomatt

I have been thinking about this and trying to come up with something that would easily attach or fold for convenience but haven't been able to come up with a good idea.

So, I can offer spikes that are 1/4" diameter and will be 1.5" long that will thread into the legs. Will have to remove the rubber feet and then put these on. These will have to be removed each time. They will be $20 for the spikes for a set of 4. Made from stainless steel.

I do not have any made. Just throwing it out there to see if anyone is interested.

Matt

16. skiutah02

Id take a stand and the legs please. $100? Drew

17. arkcomatt

If you don't want the rubber feet, just the spikes, I can do for $100 shipped.

18. skiutah02

For the extra $2.50 I'd rather have the rubber feet also in case I shoot off the bench. Payment? Drew

19. skiutah02

Met up with Matt at the Sierra Cup and bought my base with his modification of spikes for the feet to put into the ground. Just had a chance to test it today and it worked great. I removed the rubber feet, and screwed in the 4 spiked feet, added a threaded-rod-coupling nut onto the bolt so that I could mount an old photography lighting stand swivel head to the base to allow me to aim the LR and voila! Worked perfectly. Put the centerpoint of the LR right at my barrel height. GTG. Thanks Matt!

LRBase1.jpg
    LRBase2.jpg
    Drew

20. arkcomatt

Thanks for the comments on this Drew. Adding the head was something I did not consider, but I have some swivel heads that I use for something else that would work great for this.

I can offer the spikes and swivel head for $30 plus the price of the base.