NEW PRODUCT! Superior Length to Lands Gauge

Discussion in 'Commercial Sales by Paid Sponsors' started by mharpster, Apr 21, 2018.

1. mharpster

mharpster Silver $$ Contributor

I designed and am making a tool that addresses the many problems with the other methods/tools used to find and measure the point of first bullet contact with the lands. The tool is called the LTL Gauge. Please see the ad currently running on the Accurate Shooter website or visit www.deadcentersports.com for more details. Here is a link to a a short video about the LTL Gauge. Thanks for looking!

Mike Harpster

jbell74, mike06, Bill Bowers and 2 others like this.
  2. mharpster

The LTL Gauge now fits the Ruger Precision Rifle and the Tubb 2000.

mike06 and Bill Bowers like this.
  3. Tsu45

Tsu45

Is the idea that you make the case out of brass firmed from the specific rifle?

4. mharpster

Yes, use brass fired in your chamber and resized with your dies. This replicates your loaded ammo and gives you the most accurate measurement of the length to the lands.

5. nmkid

nmkid Gold $$ Contributor

Call me a dunce but, is there some sort of stem in the case to keep the bullet from moving backwards after you hit the lands?

6. BoydAllen

BoydAllen

Yes, there is, the rod that pushes the bullet is built into the case used to make the measurement.

7. uashooter

uashooter

I bought one of these, and have really liked it. Solid, consistent results with a number of barrels and high fineness bullets. Very worthwhile. Also, provides a means for measuring and considering hard jam, minimum touch and in-between.

mike06 likes this.
  8. brians356

brians356 Gold $$ Contributor

Nice approach. I'm not sure it would be more consistent than my old Stoney Point, but it's certainly less fiddly, and seems like a whole lot of good craftsmanship for the money. Kudos!
    -

9. mharpster

Thanks for the comments!
    I have had a lot of users tell me it is much easier to get consistent results with, but I already knew that. ;)

mike06 likes this.
  10. Fotheringill

Fotheringill

I am going to save up my milk and cookie money for a purchase. Site bookmarked.

11. Chris514Scott

Chris514Scott

When ordering it askes for bolt size. Is that the actual diameter of the bolt body? I have an Accuracy international AXMC and the diameter of the bolt body is about .86. Do I just need to put .86 on the custom option? Thanks for your help

12. mharpster

Yes just select custom and list the bolt diameter in the notes section of the order form. If you can measure your bolt with calipers that will help.

Thanks,
    Mike