New Mexico F Class State Championship.

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by Ringostar, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Ringostar

Ringostar

I would like to thank Bill and Sha for putting on a fun and challenging match. Some very good shooters got taken down by a newer, still unclassified shooter. Congrats to Awsome Bill Elliot for winning the title. Followed by Larry Bartholome, and Kenny Padilla. We had shooters travel from east Texas and from Phoenix area. I believe that a good time was had by all. I wish that I had taken pics of results. Maybe someone else can post them.

ShootDots and Scott Harris like this.
  2. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew

Bill is my main man. He did a very good job winning in that crowd.

3. Scott Harris

Scott Harris Gold $$ Contributor

and the scores???

Jdne5b and Immike like this.
  4. Ringostar

Ringostar

I hope that someone took a pic and can post it. I will try to message Ben and check with him. It was very windy and challenging. The range has beautiful scenery also. Shooters that traveled there said that they will definitely come back. I heard comments about the challenge being a lot more fun than a boring windless range.

5. ShootDots

ShootDots Gold $$ Contributor

I have ZERO doubt that it is the most challenging range in the nation! There seems to be no shortage of 20-30m.p.h. switching winds! However, as Keith stated, it is also one of the prettiest places you can visit! AND the people are some of the nicest, easiest going and BEST wind shooters anywhere!

6. Lbart

Lbart Gold $$ Contributor

Bill Elliot NM State Champ.jpg Bill Elliot NM State Champ w/ 1180-38x. Larry Bartholome 1 point back w/1179-51x. 3rd Kenny Padilla w/1174-49x
    Great shooting Bill! 1k winds were ruff! 600 yards the 2nd day were much worse! View attachment 1068716 NM State 600yd.jpg NM State AGG.jpg

Highpower-FClass and Rope2horns like this.
  7. Lbart

8. Dusty Stevens

You could use that picture for a scarecrow! Great shooting everybody. Bill has worked very hard to get where hes at.

ShootDots likes this.
  9. Ringostar

Ringostar

Thanks Larry, You shot well in the tough conditions. I hope to join you for your matches in El Paso this winter.

10. ShootDots

ShootDots Gold $$ Contributor

I had the great pleasure of shooting with Larry this entire weekend. He is first and foremost a real gentleman! A wonderful individual indeed. Additionally, he is undoubtedly one of the finest F-Open shooters in the country. No matter the condition, no matter where he shoots, he is either at or very near the top! Truly a remarkable individual! It must be said, that everyone I have met at Capitan, are some of the finest people anywhere!

11. boiler_house7

boiler_house7

Boy I can say one thing for sure, if I knew it was gonna turn out like this I think I woulda at least got a haircut. Oh and maybe hide my readers. It was really nice to meet some of the people that have helped me so much from the start. I have only shot Stanton tx f class matches and I believe capitan is just as humbling for sure. Lotta luck in the wind like these. Thanks for the kind words. Bill Elliott

12. Dusty Stevens

Bill builds all his own guns too. Not sure if he wants any business just thought id throw that out there- hes not just a good shooter!

pirate ammo likes this.
  13. cognac jack

cognac jack Silver $$ Contributor

Thanks Bill and all his helpers, for a great shoot, Congrats to all the winners, and it was a pleasure to shoot with you all. I will see you next year. John

ShootDots likes this.
  14. Scott Harris

thanks for the updates and congrats to Bill! You'll have to invite some F-TR shooters there next year.

15. pirate ammo

pirate ammo Guaranteed to take the wind out of their sails Gold $$ Contributor

he's backed with the power of the Talisman,,couldn't resist it,,

16. Ringostar

Ringostar

Everyone is always invited. There was only one TR shooter, so he unfortunately got grouped in with all the others.

ShootDots likes this.
  17. boiler_house7

boiler_house7

I'm sure most everyone will always remember the first kinna big match they attended. When Mr barthelom showed up I thought wow I finally get to meet wunna the true fathers of f class. I have visited with larry on the phone in the past years and was always such a big help with sound advice. What a true pleasure to finally meet Him. I started on relay 3 in pit duty. All I can say is wow, Keith and John on my squad where just flat laying em in there as well as the rest of the shooters I was kinna peeking at. I'm thinking what have i got myself into. I hope I gave ya'll good pit duty. I couldn't ask for a better squad, john and keith both just so friendly and we where just all wishing the best for all. With these conditions it coulda went to anyone over there from what I seen. There was some very good shooting for sure. If I can say anything to help the new shooters, find them some good mentors. Dusty has been with me since day 1 when I was rigging up my Lathe, going on 3 years now. Man what a wealth of knowledge, and the friendship we've developed. Don starks, This guy they call Stick. man he did our machine work on our race motors when we had hair. I lost track of him through the years. Mr Randolph, Thanks for a very nice match, lots of hard work for sure. Bill Elliott

Scott Harris and ShootDots like this.
  18. Scott Harris

I'll have to borrow an F-Open rifle. Sounds like a fun place.

19. Lbart

Talk to your wife!

Immike and Scott Harris like this.
  20. TUFFLUCK

TUFFLUCK Silver $$ Contributor

600 yards

Screenshot_20181103-091229.png

1000 yards
    Screenshot_20181103-091242.png

Aggregate

Screenshot_20181103-091259.png