New Forum for Rimfire Shooters

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by Forum Boss, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

Most of the serious centerfire shooters I know use rimfire rifles for practice and fun. Many top competitors, such as German Salazar, shoot both smallbore and rimfire matches. Some gun systems are even capable of switching between rimfire and centerfire barreled actions in the same stock.

In our recent Readers' Survey, about 60% of respondents wanted us to add some rimfire coverage to the website. So this new forum is a start.

Feel free to talk about any topic--plinking, hunting, silhouette, and target competition. This is an ALL-caliber Rimfire Forum so share your thoughts on the new 17s,17 Mach2 and 17 HMR) as well as 22LR and 22 Magnum.

Have fun,

Mr. Moderator :comp:

Here's my 17 Mach 2, built by Stan Ware of SGR Custom Rifles. Expect an extensive report this spring. We think this round is capable of surprising accuracy, with concentricity-sorted ammo.

[​IMG]

2. JoeF

JoeF

Paul, the site is great, and now I do not have to hang out so much on the rimfire board on Benchrest Central. Keep up the good work.

Joe

3. Ronny

Ronny

I want to buy a 22 LR that is accurate. Can anyone tell me how accurate a 10/22T is???

4. GerryM

GerryM

The 10/22 T i assume your talking about that heavy hammer forged looking barrel is pretty good. It's accurate but not as accurate as a cooper or kimber, I
    have A COOPER
    BR AND IT SHOOTS REALLY WELL.
    It's pretty good in IR50/50 competition Of course it cost twice as much, I also have a 40x from the CMP that is really also a great shooter and 2 model 52's If you can wait i would try for one of the CMP match rifles . Usually they are a better buy.

5. GerryM

GerryM

PS Most of the 10/22s that shoot really well are custum rifles with aftermarket parts, It's agreat lille rifle with a lot of work,
    If you want it for precision shooting it's going to cost you a tad of money. I have one for indoor off hand shooting .
    It has a pacnor barrel is glass bedded a trigger job fajin stock ,
    and a few modifications i read from a book, still it doesn't shoot as well as one of my bolt rifles. The Cmp has the kimber match rifle for sale at $600 with sights , It's a great buy right now.

6. marzy

marzy

Hi ronnie, try a cz 452 varmint (bolt action) .Pretty cheap, czech made, good quality and very accurate.You just need to softened the trigger!

enjoy it!

7. vespa

vespa

I have a CZ452 Varmint in 22LR. The only thing I've done to it is installed a Riflebasix trigger. Our club shoots bench rest at 100 yards using an NRA 50 yard target. There are 3 classes. Factory Sporter (2 lb trigger) Presion sporter (any trigger pull) and Unlimited.
    I shoot the factory sporter class with a 2.2 lb trigger. Perfect score is 400. I guess have a shooter. My scores are always up in the unlimited class (275 -285). I've had my rifle torn down and inspected and it's bone stock except for the trigger (which is legal). I shoot Wolf Match Extra. I tried the top end Eley and it's not any better. 50 Yd 5 shot groups can be covered by a dime. 100 yd groups are about 1 MOA. I'm never going to sell this gun. Next rifle will be a standard CZ455 so I can start shooting the CMP matches. The Varmint is too heavy to qualify for CMP.
    I'm glad there is a new forum for rimfire. I'll be back often

8. carl1575

carl1575 I am still in the car business after 53 years Gold $$ Contributor

cv22 varmint riflebasix trigger

I have a CZ 22 varmint, the trigger is ok but it sure could be better. where would I find on of these riflebasix triggers and what do they cost. carlf

9. DOGCAPPER

DOGCAPPER

A ruger 10 22 will be competitive with some changes
    1 Replace the receiver and trigger group with Volquartsen parts.
    2 Replace barrel with 2 groove premium polished unit.
    3 Replace stock with benchrest aftermarket.
    4 Sort thru magazines for good feeding and easy eject from mag well.
    5 Bevel rear of bolt to increase realibality.

Rtheurer likes this.
  10. Eaglet

Eaglet

I'm in love with my Savage MK II TR

Very accurate with the right ammo. It loves the Wolf 22 LR.

[​IMG]

11. Bigfish8

Bigfish8

Re: cv22 varmint riflebasix trigger

I own a CZ Varmint and Trainer, both in 22 caliper. I shoot them as benchrest spotters and my friends and me find CZ 452's to be the most accurate 22's you can buy in their price range. I highly recommend the YoDave Trigger Kits. Check them out here: http://www.yodaveproducts.com/trigger-kit-installation-instructions.html

12. 1 mile

1 mile

Looking for a group that shots around Cody Wy. 22cal.

Anybody out there ???

13. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

Yep, that's basically what I've done. Junk the gun & keep the magazine. ;D

14. mrjohns

mrjohns

What kind of accuracy are you expecting? I have an Anschutz 1907 that is in a Don Stith stock. I also have a Mike Ezell tuner on it. Total cost was 2100.00. I also have five CZ 452. The CZ are accurate but do not compare to the Anschutz. If your a serious benchrest shooter get an Anschutz or a custom rimfire rifle. They run about 4000.00. I have had a lot of fun with my CZ's and I love those rifles but when I want to shoot great targets I get the Anschutz out. I would show some pictures of the targets but can't figure how to post them.

15. Dakota111

Dakota111

I have a question about a .22 LR silhouette pistol I would like to have someone build for me.

1st...here's my idea...buy an Anschutz barreled action......with the 54.30 action......use the barrel on my 1907 Annie.......and have a gun smith build the pistol using the 54 action.
    is it legal as it's a rifle to start with......
    next any suggestions for a top notch gunsmith?

regards
    Wm

16. Dakota111

Dakota111

I am looking for an excellent gunsmith to build a silhouette .22lr pistol.

17. SSViper6dasher

SSViper6dasher

I put one of these in my standard CZ 22 452 trigger, lightens and removes creep. The trigger pull can be adjusted from 1 to 3.5 pounds,
    $18.00
    pounds.http://www.yodaveproducts.com/

18. dale stephenson

dale stephenson

hello can anyone help me with finding out what year anschutz 64 i have ?

nedclampet likes this.
  19. snert

snert Gold $$ Contributor

Hi Dale, I can't but if you post this again under general rimfire topics it will likely get more views.

20. Topstrap

Topstrap

If you've never tried long range rimfire shooting at steel targets it's better than a shooting gallery. Don't be bashful and if you wish to give it a try come on out or just to watch.

Longrange Rimfire Shooting Match

Phone # 1-740-391-2066 Topstrap@gmail.com

Thursday, Friday, Saturday (after 2pm) and Sunday (Sept. 15, 16, 17 & 18).

Shooting starts anytime after 9AM. Try to be here no later than 5:30PM, we will shoot till you can't see the targets if need be. Shooting order will be determined by Me but will try and go by order you show up.

Two benchs to shoot from and room for prone position. (first bank of targets at 25 yards are really hard to see prone but you can sit or kneel.)

This will be a 100 (not including sighters) round match using 22 rimfire rounds only. Distances will be from 25 yards to 197 yards and will be varying sized and shaped swinging steel targets at all distances. There will be 5 sighters allowed, you may choose when and what distance to use them on steel plates.

There will be a few targets where the shooter may "gamble" on a smaller higher value target for more points. There also may be a target(s) with a penalty if you hit the wrong part of it.

[​IMG]

Rules:

I will have an Open class this time, anything goes, no limits on ammo, gun, rests or attachments. The winner of this class will have bragging rights only.

Standard Class will have a price limit for ammo allowed based on Champion Shooters Supply webpage. No ammo costing more than $8.00/50 rounds will be allowed. Bipods and sandbags only. Anyone caught trying to use more expensive ammo will be DQ'd and banned from my range.

No tuners or mechanical front/rear rests allowed in the standard class. Rentries are fine on same day but must wait your turn in line to shoot again, you can enter all three days if you want.
    Sandbags or bi-pods are fine for front and rear. You may shoot prone if you wish but the same rule above will apply. Any optic is allowed, no separate class.

Range Officer has final say. Usually will give shooter the benefit if it's questionable on a edge hit. We're not here to be your spotter but will try and help when we can, plan to have someone help with your spotting but usually plenty of others around to help with that.

There will be a $10.00 donation for this match. Match winner will receive $25.00. Based on amount of entries a drawing for $50.00 and $25.00 (maybe two) from the participants and will be drawn at matches end. Each entry qualifies for the drawings.

Dennis

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016