NEW ELR COLD BORE WORLD RECORD!!!!

Discussion in 'ELR, Ballistics & Bullets Board' started by LSHopper, Mar 13, 2019.

1. LSHopper

LSHopper

A BIG Congratulations to Corbin Shell for setting a new ELR cold bore World Record at the most recent Blakely GA. ELR match. Pictured with Corbin is Match Director Joe Burdick. Corbin shot a .416 Barrett. Quite the accomplishment at that distance for the first 3 rounds out of the gun!

Attached Files:

2. pcrowe

pcrowe

Congratulations Corbin.

3. Joe Salt

Joe Salt Silver $$ Contributor

If That was Cold Bore Congratulations Corbin YOU THE MAN!

Joe Salt

4. LSHopper

LSHopper

I am very surprised, considering they started all this ELR stuff, that the AB guys aren't chiming in to congratulate a new World Record. Am I missing something?

Geno C likes this.
  5. Desert Fox

Desert Fox

I heard ELR Central is still verifying the result.

6. LSHopper

LSHopper

I guess I can understand that. But what I do know is that there were 21 witnesses (8 required) and the range was verified with the three required rangefinders. Maybe there is another criteria that I am not aware of. Just seems strange to me that there is not a lot of whooping it up over at least a potential new world record.

7. LA50SHOOTER

LA50SHOOTER

Outstanding Corbin !!!

8. dwall

dwall Gold $$ Contributor

Congratulations Corbin.

9. Esoteric Junkie

Esoteric Junkie

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Preparation met opportunity along with some luck.

Many have asked if I would share information regarding my rifle setup and equipment. I have just completed a short summary and the information will be made available very soon.

Please note that this was shot in Blakely, GA at the Arena Training Facility in good Ole dense Southern air. Here are the atmospheric conditions when I shot:
    2118 yards
    70 degree temperature
    29.70-29.80 inches of mercury
    82% humidity
    1211 DA

In Raton, where the King of 2 Miles is held, the air is much thinner and fairly typical conditions for June are:
    70 degree temperature
    23.50 inches of mercury (6250 feet elevation at the Whittington Center)
    30-40% humidity
    A comparable shot would be approximately 2330 yards

24.0 inches of mercury would yield a comparable shot of approximately 2310 yards.

This record of 2118 yards WILL be broken and I predict it will happen this June in Raton just before the King of 2 Miles. Hopefully, the distance will be 2300 yards or more to be fairly comparable to the dense atmospheric conditions experienced in Southern GA.

YMMV slightly.

EJ

Geno C, dwall, dmoran and 1 other person like this.
  10. Delfuego

Delfuego Silver $$ Contributor

Good shooting Corbin!

11. TGuercio

TGuercio

Way to go, Corbin.