New 22BR and 90VLD's

Discussion in '6BR, 6BR Improved & Wildcats' started by FroggyOne2, Apr 16, 2013.

1. 22BRGUY

22BRGUY

I do turn necks as I have a .246 chamber. What would you attribute the horizontal spread to??? was there much wind or do you feel it was mostly the old brass? Also, how is the runout and which primers do you use? thanks

2. FroggyOne2

FroggyOne2

Mind you, that vertical is only 1.5 inches, group was shot prone with sling at 600 yards, yes there was up to 10mph wind quartering in from 4 o'clock and shifting. I didn't really try to keep up with the wind as much was trying to shoot a good shot. The bbl is marked as to having a .2545 neck.

3. 22BRGUY

22BRGUY

It is a sweet group for sure.

4. FroggyOne2

FroggyOne2

What I have suggested is what would look at first, then check seating. All three of my rifles are shooting the same bullet depth, with same bullet. I feel that ten into the lands is where that Berger 90VKD truly likes to be.

5. Panzer22

Panzer22

I was watching the trace when he shot that 600 yd target. The wind was switching pretty good, but we didn't care, Doc just held elevation. The trace would rise up to the top of the 7, never cross into the white and drop right down, from the slight angle I was at they were hitting within the letter size or less of the "x" as far as elevation goes. A couple got pushed a little left but same elevation. It was pretty impressive to watch through the scope.
    Recoil on the rifle was nothing. From a bipod and rear bag I would expect that verticle to be in the 1 inch range. He easily is holding 1/2 MOA or better verticle with the sling. Great shooter no doubt.