need to upgrade RF & binoculars

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by bench, Oct 11, 2018.

1. bench

bench Gold $$ Contributor

Want to combine my range finder and binoculars what brands are you using.
    So those of you using binoculars that have the range finder built as a single unit have you found them to be a good purchase.

2. 1911mag

1911mag Silver $$ Contributor

Borrowed pair of Leica Geovid 10x42 for trip in Wyoming and was very impressed. 1 guy in group bought a pair after our trip. Have not used any others to compare too. I think would be hard to top these my opinion.

3. bench

bench Gold $$ Contributor

1911mag

Thanks for the info

4. sawcarver

sawcarver Gold $$ Contributor

I have a pair of Bushnell 1 mile 10x42s I bought them used about four years ago and they ride in my truck and get used year round pretty steady between woodchucks, deer, coyote and shooting steel.

The rangefinder works awesome, extremely quick and accurate, they range through snow and rain very well. Its no problem ranging deer past 1k handheld and Ive ranged steel out to 2400 off a tripod.

The glass is good but not blow you away good. Ive got a pair of vortex binoculars thats sharper but I usually grab the bushnells. Ive spent countless hours looking through mine and dont get headaches or anything. Leica has the bushnells beat on the glass side but the leicas ive tried wouldnt range in snow or rain so they wouldnt do me much good in Michigan.

5. Delfuego

Delfuego Silver $$ Contributor

What's your budget? What's the max distance?

6. Sheldon N

Sheldon N Silver $$ Contributor

Another +1 for the Leicas. Stellar rangefinder, have used my buddy's pair on steel targets out to 1 mile. Glass is also exceptional, right up there with Swarovski. Also includes a ballistic solver that will work pretty well for targets inside 800 yards.

There's a sale right now on the 10x42 HD-B 2200 model since it was just replaced by the 2700/3000 version. Unless you need to range beyond 1 mile and want to spend $1k more these are a great deal.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Leica-Geovid-10x42-HD-B-Edition-2200-40438.aspx

7. powderbrake

powderbrake Gold $$ Contributor

Range finding Binocs, best thing since sliced bread.
    I used to use a Lieca rangefinder and a set of Lieca 10X42, I bought a set of Lieca Geovid 10X42 range finding binocs on ebay, and sold my other stuff. It is SO MUCH BETTER having the range finding binocs, you do not have to set them down to pick up a rangefinder, then try to find that animal again.

I do not try to range prairie dogs at 1200 yards, mostly out to about 800 yards, so they work fine for me. I do not care about the ballistics in the newer binocs, because I still have to enter the wind data in my ballistics program on my iPhone. So I don't need a $2000 or $3000 set of binocs. My type of Lieca Geovids 10 X 42 are about $1250 -$1400 used, on Ebay right now.