Need help selecting a F class type bipod for ELR use

Discussion in 'ELR, Ballistics & Bullets Board' started by VaRandy, Apr 11, 2018.

1. VaRandy

VaRandy Silver $$ Contributor

Need good support for 40 lb ELR outfit. Never even seen a F class in person, only pictures. What should I look for when making this decision?

2. 284winner

284winner Gold $$ Contributor

Check out the Phoenix or Evo F-TR model bipods. I think they will offer all you need in an ELR bipod. These are buy once cry once bipods but they are among the most stable and HD models available.

3. Capt. Oblivious

Capt. Oblivious

The carbon Evo works very well on heavy rifles, have a couple friends running them on heavy 338AI and 375whatwhats. I use the same bipod but my rifles top out around 20lb

http://www.targetshooter.co.uk/?p=2380

4. swd

swd Gold $$ Contributor

Rempel. Heavy, solid, tough and has locking adjustments.

Mudpro and Sniper338 like this.
  5. calgarycanada

calgarycanada

Rempel’s. Also our dollar is quite low so better deal for you.

Sniper338 likes this.
  6. VaRandy

VaRandy Silver $$ Contributor

I guess I must agree that the most expensive rest is the one that is the safest for ELR and heavy weapons. Since I have not even seen a f class bipod, how do I know what vertical adjustment will be required to shoot events at several western shoots when I have not been to one yet, Do I have to pay Rempel price for a suitable rig? How do I know the Rempel is sufficient for my extreme range needs for a 40 lb rifle?

also have a question. if uneven ground left to right and the legs are leveled, do subsequent elevation changes increase the height by the same amount, maintaining level? Remember I have never seen one.

Last question. did I read the weight of the bipod for ELR is not included in the weight limit?

thank you

7. Jefferson

Jefferson

Remple Remple Remple.

Jeff

Sniper338 likes this.
  8. 284winner

284winner Gold $$ Contributor

I'm a phoenix fan but I'm sure the 3 mentioned bipods are all very sufficient for the task. Hell, I'm sure the Sinclair F class bipod will get it done just fine. It's what your pocket book can handle in many cases.

9. swd

swd Gold $$ Contributor

I'm pretty sure I could literally stand on my Rempel and I'm definitely not a 40lb mini person!

It has a cant adjustment at the top.

10. 50bmg1979

50bmg1979 Silver $$ Contributor

If you don't have to have it right now, the joypod will hold it

Attached Files:

11. Sniper338

Sniper338

you wont beat a rempel for strength...

joypod... get on the list and wait for it...

swd likes this.
  12. Calvin Menard

Calvin Menard

I use a remple in ELR comps and honestly the Phoenix is a better option due to the floating ski set up when at longer ranges, but with a small modification the remple can have half moon skis on it and serve the same as the Phoenix, the locking feature of the remple is nice usually with the 5 degree angle on the butt it still warrants a 0.5 mil up or down adjustment in elevation when needed. Cont go wrong with either but the Phoenix has a new adjustment handle for ease of adjustment with longer forended stocks and chassis and with an 18” forend it is really nice not having to break position when on the clock.

13. Clearlight

Clearlight

Rempel is excellent , but might be hampered by non pivoting ski feet
    on some difficult firing lines . The Phoenix ski bipod seems to putting
    the runs on the board in ELR comps lately , it does look like a lighter
    copy of a Rempel , but with pivoting feet .

14. Geno C

Geno C

Quite a few Phoenix bipods at the king of 2 mile comp last year. This last winter I bought a Phoenix and a JoyPod. If you don't have control over the surface you're putting the bipod on, I would think the Phoenix would be better. The JoyPod is definitely lighter though if oz count