My wife’s new 6br

Discussion in '6BR, 6BR Improved & Wildcats' started by Tim-o-thy, Feb 14, 2020 at 12:31 AM.

1. Tim-o-thy

Tim-o-thy Silver $$ Contributor

So my wife is switching from a 6creed to a straight br. I was wondering if any of y’all have experience with Peterson brass? I have 6bra and already shoot lapua, though maybe a different headstamp would help keep them separate, let me know what y’all think.

2. std7mag

std7mag

A different headstamp would definitly help segregate the two.

I haven't tried Peterson yet. They haven't made brass yet for the rifles i shoot.
    They started finally making 284 Win brass, but sold exclusively through Grafs.

I would definitely try them, but a lot of that is due to the fact that they are a fairly local company to me.
    One day i'll be able to afford Cutting Edge bullets, another local company.

3. JEFFPPC

JEFFPPC Silver $$ Contributor

6br and 6bra? I sure hope you cont mix them up.

4. JEFFPPC

JEFFPPC Silver $$ Contributor

Ok, here is an idea. Use Rem 7 1/2 in one gun and different primer in the other. Gol color vs silver.

5. johara1

johara1

One will have a .059 flash hole and one will have a .081, pretty easy to see..... jim

bozo699 likes this.
  6. Tim-o-thy

Thank you guys!. I’ll order up a 100 or so Peterson’s and then at least break in the barrel to see if that flash hole makes a difference.

7. Lefty Trigger

Lefty Trigger Gold $$ Contributor

Norma makes good 6BR brass but inside capacity is slightly less so good load for Lapua brass will need to be reduced for Norma brass. I have been running a batch of 200 pieces of Norma for awhile now, currently on reload number 5 without issues.

8. LitLBoy

LitLBoy Silver $$ Contributor

You will be VERY happy with the Peterson.
    LitLBoy

9. newbieshooter

newbieshooter :-) Silver $$ Contributor

I can't tell the difference. I have a .078 pin and it won't fit thru the Peterson flash hole. A .062 pin is a tight fit.
    peterson.PNG

10. johara1

johara1

Thats good to know .... thanks......0625 is what I open the Lapua up to for uniformity.... jim

11. group therapy

group therapy Gold $$ Contributor

I have separate brass for sighters and record. I took a Dremel and "snicked" a really little notch in the outer section of the rim. I can't see this causing any problems ( but im not sure, if someone who knows more than me would chime in now) and its easy to spot the brass with the "snick" in the rim. maybe a help to you, maybe not. good luck either way;)

12. holstil

holstil Silver $$ Contributor

I've been working with petterson brass 6brai and 243ai.
    I assume the case volume is a tad less, takes less powder to reach pressure. I load .5gn less on the 6brai from Lapua brass.

I really like the brass. I ran a few hot during load development and was sure the primer pocket would be toast. They took the next primer nicely.

Jim

13. longbow

longbow Silver $$ Contributor

Did same. Use my Dremel small 1" super thin cutoff disk and make a small notch on rim. All old brass is notched. Very easy to spot after sonic cleaning,etc

14. Tim-o-thy

That’s good to hear. I’ll order this week I think.