Mountain Man Match

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by waynemac, Oct 8, 2017.

1. waynemac

waynemac

Hey Guys,
    Come and shoot with us at the Mountain Man Match October 28th at 9:00 AM. It will be held at the Rocky Road Rifle Range in Jonesville VA. The format is UBR with custom class rifles. This is our 6th year and it’s gaining momentum. This is a benchrest Match, and the rules are on the ultimatebenchrest.com website. You’ll be fed, and have the opportunity to shoot with the greatest folks to hold a rifle.
    Contact me via email for more details at : waynemac@bellsouth.net

Thanks for looking,

Wayne

2. nmkid

nmkid Silver $$ Contributor

How far are you from Richmond?

3. Greyfox

Greyfox Gold $$ Contributor

I'm not Wayne, but I can tell you that the match is held near Jonesville VA. It's a small town near the Cumberland Gap. You can probably plug it into mapping software. As I recall, the range is 7-8 miles up the mountain from Jonesville.

Rick

4. Hydenseek

Hydenseek Silver $$ Contributor

What are the rules

5. Greyfox

Greyfox Gold $$ Contributor

Since Wayne isn't here, I'll comment, but he may correct me. You can check the targets on Ultimatebenchrest.com. Rules are similar to IBS score rules. Unless I have forgotten there are no weight limits on this match. .30 cal is max or anything smaller. All pretty basic. It's a UBR match for $$.

Rick

6. cheek9075

cheek9075 Silver $$ Contributor

7. waynemac

waynemac

Sorry guys, work had me out of pocket, thanks Rick and John for the responses, with one correction, the weight limit is 13.5 pounds. Please feel free to contact me via email with any other questions.

Wayne

8. cheek9075

Wayne,

Correct me if I am wrong on this....

We are shooting custom class only this match, one rifle per shooter. Factory, modified can shoot up a class. All rifle has to be under 13.5lb. We are shooting UBR format, which means target caliber specific target, 223, 243,308. 4 target per yardage, 100 and 200 yard, 4 relays per yardage, 6 score target per relay. "X" counts as an 11, meaning perfect score per relay is 66 with total per each yardage 264, perfect grand agg is 528.

This is a money shoot, we have contacted many sponsors, with hopes to have alot of door prizes plus winners take away money.

Come shoot with US!!! We always eat good if nothing else!!! Plus its fun!!!!!! Like always I'll be fighting for last place!

This is a UBR match, remember at this time no membership fee is required to shoot UBR!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  9. waynemac

waynemac

Bump to the top please...

10. cheek9075

Guys,

The prizes are starting to roll in! I Hope alot of you are planning to come with us!!!!