The Mildot reticle is, apparently, "out-dated" due to all the hash-style reticles popularity these days. It is, no less, a very useful reticle, especially for ranging on a target of unknown distance. I believe I still have one of the Mildot Master tools around here somewhere but I have gone to the hash v. dot in my scopes. The math was pretty easy for me as well so the actual switch over was not a big deal. I thought I had everything down before I went to a match with milrad based scopes. Then someone started calling corrections out in MOA. Uh oh. Now I gotta figure that out in my head on the fly. Another issue I encountered was, as my MRAD scope numbers grew, converting old MOA data to the new mrad numbers. Then I found this somewhere: MOA x .2909 = Mils Mils x 3.438 = MOA So now I can pretty easily take MOA data and apply it to my Mil scope. 10 MOA x .2909 = 2.9 Mil and that is a lot less "spinning the wheel" to get on a distant target. It also doesn't hurt that I was able to convert all my closest shooting buddies to the Mil system too.