Midway USA

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Nick Caprinolo, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Nick Caprinolo

Nick Caprinolo Gold $$ Contributor

I arose at 7:00 AM this morning, got my coffee and turned on the computer. While checking my email, I found a notice that I had received a package from Midway. Arrived at 6:41 AM. Never had that happen before.

best defense and joshb like this.
  2. maxscm

maxscm Gold $$ Contributor

I had package FedX delivered Mon this week at 9:10 pm.
    And Another package FedX delivered Thurs. at 12:05AM!!
    These boys and Girls are working LATE!

joshb likes this.
  3. Sieg

Sieg

FedEx announced this yesterday: Daily home delivery begins in January for FedEx customers.

7 days a week delivery is becoming the norm. Swing and graveyard shifts for delivery drivers next?

4. Tommie

Tommie Gold $$ Contributor

With all the package nabbing going on, I might prefer a night delivery. Hmmm.

joshb, nmkid, jimmymac and 1 other person like this.
  5. nmkid

nmkid Gold $$ Contributor

Last year we had a package "removed" from our front porch that contained a $600 laptop. I thought we lived in a very safe neighborhood!!

Bama shooter and mike a like this.
  6. Nick Caprinolo

Nick Caprinolo Gold $$ Contributor

I forgot to say, that although the package was shipped through UPS, it was sent to the central Post Office yesterday and final delivery was by mail. Just never received mail at that time in the morning. My regular mailman just delivered our mail an hour ago.

7. mike a

mike a 6BR Rocks Gold $$ Contributor

I have all my ups delivered to a ups customer center, close to my job. I pick up on my way home. I always pay alittle extra to get ups ground not SurePost. Mike

338 dude likes this.
  8. garandman

garandman Bolt Gun Bodacious Gold $$ Contributor

Ive given Midway multiple $1,000s of dollars. Never had a bad experience with them... Shipping or product

9. STS

STS Silver $$ Contributor

Probably the delivery drivers buddy that was notified as soon as he dropped it off.

GotRDid likes this.
  10. jmcmath

jmcmath

So far (knock knock) all the delivery companies have been doing a phenomenal job for me this holiday season.

I’ve had multiple packages delivered BEFORE their estimated arrival date, and noticed morning deliveries becoming quite common. I think they have hired temp drivers/subcontractors because at least one guy was delivering in a uhual. He looked like a professional running back cradling that package at a full sprint across my yard and back.

11. Bill K

Bill K Silver $$ Contributor

I have always had MidwayUSA give me a email saying my order/s had arrived and they were working on it, then a email saying the order was shipped, and they after it was delivered to PO or home address a email saying it was delivered.
    I think old Larry does a good job with his company and customer service.

Jeff A, 338 dude and Nick Caprinolo like this.
  12. Bruce W

Bruce W Silver $$ Contributor

Philadelphia news reported on a guy putting dog crap in boxes and leaving them on his porch for the porch pirates. spreading the love around:D

joshb, Medic505, dogdude and 4 others like this.
  13. Ranger188

Ranger188 Silver $$ Contributor

Being a retired 35 yr UPS driver, I don't miss this shit at all.
    Used to be 60 hrs. max on road, but UPS went to the DOT and bought "credits"
    instead of paying a fine for working over the 60 hrs. Now they can force
    drivers to work 14 hr days. And this time of the year, hard to leave the building before
    9:00am, so that's 11:00 PM before they have to be off the clock.
    Yes they run out of trucks and rent hauls and many "seasonal" workers.

Midways Nitro express conveyer system was installed with UPS's help.
    They do a lot of logistics now on the side. (UPS)

Daveinjax and Nick Caprinolo like this.
  14. beemanjohn

beemanjohn Silver $$ Contributor

I order a lot of stuff from Midway, but I hate that Surepost. If my order is shipped UPS it gets here in 2 days, If it go's by surepost it make take a week and a half. So now anytime I order from them I buy one box of .22 ammo. That way they have to use UPS.

GotRDid, painter, 338 dude and 5 others like this.
  15. Ccrider

Ccrider Gold $$ Contributor

Yeah. I just had Fedex “loose” my EL binoculars being returned from Swarovski service department. They put delivered in the tracking info and said they left them outside the door. This wouldn’t have been on the sidewalk on main street downtown.

16. Sundown

Sundown Gold $$ Contributor

Neighbors of mine had UPS drop off 5 packages that were bought online for Christmas Presents at their Mailbox along a country road about 100 yards from their house. I couldn't believe they did that. It was just lucky they were the first ones to drive by their mailbox or their presents would have been gone.

GotRDid likes this.
  17. rebel

rebel Gold $$ Contributor

After 9pm delivery in Hog Hill NC can be hazardous to your health.

Daveinjax, joshb, GotRDid and 2 others like this.
  18. ronsatspokane

ronsatspokane

Like Midway generally but these days they are the last option I choose. Partially because of price (they are often the highest price) but also because of shipping. They will send an email telling me the same day I ordered that the product I ordered shipped. It then takes two days for it to show up in the UPS system as actually moving. Then it takes a week longer than just about any place else I order from for the product to arrive at my door.

19. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

I have the nest camera system- all the drivers ring the bell and wave. Amazon is forcing this 7 day delivery stuff.

snert, jotrot, GotRDid and 2 others like this.
  20. carlsbad

carlsbad Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep. Gold $$ Contributor

I have a mailbox at the UPS store. Nothing gets left on my porch. They sign for packages for me and log them in. Generally it works great.

However, as Amazon and others start delivering on nights and sundays, they find my UPS store closed.

I ordered presents for my staff at work from Amazon and Best buy. Had to buy from both because amazon won't sell you more than 6 of an item that is on sale and I needed 11. Best buy will sell 5. Amazon showed up the next day as promised. The best buy order was shipped by "On Track" and scheduled for delivery on 12/11. Got an email that it was one day late, by 12/12. Didn't show. today no show again. I wonder if they are trying to deliver after 1800. Either way, I'm going on a business trip next week and half my staff won't get a present on time. Sucks.

I think they will eventually have to figure out how to schedule deliveries to business addresses during business hours.

GotRDid likes this.