Midway Strikes again!

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by TheOtherZilla, Aug 9, 2018.

1. TheOtherZilla

TheOtherZilla

While not lightning fast shipping it was faster than predicted. 4 days. BUT. It would be nice to get all the parts. I ordered a 17 Hornet modified case. It showed today. But it will not screw onto my Hornaday tool. So I call Midway. The guy there asks for a product number and looks it up. I ask if there was supposed to be an adapter come with it? Guy has no clue but says no. No help there.

So I call Hornaday. Get a person pronto. I explain to him, give him a Hornaday part number and off he goes to look it up. Seems there was supposed to be an adapter included.. They are sending me one ASAP.

So one aww shit wipes out a thousand atta-boys.. The worst part is I am stalled til the part gets here, and it'll be a week and a half til I get back home..

I'll take slooow shipping for correct parts any day.

2. sawcarver

sawcarver Gold $$ Contributor

Was the adaptor supposed to be in the hornady box? If so it's not Midway's fault it's Hornadys....

Pvt.Donut, ARW, 3dogs and 3 others like this.
  3. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

4. Charles

Charles Gold $$ Contributor

5. TheOtherZilla

TheOtherZilla

Hornaday said it was included.. Not sure why it was AWOL. But the Midway guy had no clue that it was included. .. And yes Hornaday is looking into it. IMO the guys at Midway shoulda known their product.

6. Pheasanthunter

Pheasanthunter Gold $$ Contributor

If they said it’s gonna be awhile you can borrow mine I can get it sent tomorrow

7. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE Gold $$ Contributor

Why would you even need a hornady modified case? The cases you are going to shoot work 100x easier, more precise and faster.

pirate ammo, Bc'z and Willie like this.
  8. pirate ammo

pirate ammo Guaranteed to take the wind out of their sails Gold $$ Contributor

what do you do with a modified case?? turn it into a TALISMAN,,:rolleyes:

Dusty Stevens likes this.
  9. JimT

JimT “I don’t even own a piece of camo!”-Kenny Jarrett Gold $$ Contributor

Pretty obvious a hornet case is not going to work as larger cases do. Simple google search shows the adapter.

Lots of moaning, groaning, bitching and whining on this Board anymore for easily solved problems.

Clancy and boltfluter like this.
  10. robbor

robbor

I had a midway box delivered by ups and bullets were falling out of the box as he was walking up the driveway. Midway refused to replace the whole box of bullets and instead would only pro rate for the bullets that fell out. Like I wanted a half a box full of blem beat up bullets

11. sawcarver

sawcarver Gold $$ Contributor

Ive always had great luck with midway if there was a problem they were always right on it. Had a box of CCI 22mag that the plastic box cracked in shipping, they sent me another box of 22 mag and a plastic utility box for the cracked one, great people to deal with

12. ToddKS

ToddKS

As a supply chain professional I have some insight on this type of issue that most people do not. It is not a reasonable expectation that the guy on the phone at Midway is going to know if there is supposed to be an adapter or not. Midway is a distributor. They rely on Hornady to have the right item in the box. It is not economically feasible for a distributor to know and check the contents of every box they receive. That is not how modern supply chain works. The consumer wants cheap prices and high speed transactions. Issues like this are the consequence of the market trying to give the consumer these things.

The only thing I find fault with Midway for in this transaction is providing the wrong answer (guessing). They should have told you that they did not know for sure and would have to investigate and get you the correct answer. Then they could have contacted Hornady and provided you with the correct information (or sent someone out to the warehouse to look at the other items in stock to see if they had adapters).

Doug Beach, Mark W, daleboy and 4 others like this.
  13. ratbuster

ratbuster Silver $$ Contributor

I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect a customer support person at Midway to have detailed knowledge about each and every one of the tens of thousands of products they sell.

14. rmr

rmr Gold $$ Contributor

several months ago (5-6?), midway was dumping IMI M855 and M193 for $250 a case, shipped. I was cursing midway for weeks. that "sale" cost me a *Lot* of money.