Message to Members about Demands...

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Forum Boss, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Big Mc

Big Mc Gold $$ Contributor

2. Big Mc

Big Mc Gold $$ Contributor

Paul Thank you Thank you.

3. Intheshop

Intheshop Silver $$ Contributor

Appreciate the work you do Boss,thanks.

Gun Smith likes this.
  4. pirate ammo

pirate ammo Guaranteed to take the wind out of their sails Gold $$ Contributor

I hope everyone realizes that the Bossman is a very tolerant person. I know personally because I'm still here..Capt.Dan

Lone Hunter, Snuggie, rwj and 3 others like this.
  5. Hrsmn51

Hrsmn51 Gold $$ Contributor

Just to add my 2 cents!! This an excellent site with solid information for new shooters as well as seasoned competitors.
    Well run too!! I can't imagine not being a contributor.
    H

Lone Hunter and NorCalMikie like this.
  6. _Raining

_Raining

The gun community is no exception to having entitled people, I would just ignore them.

7. pirate ammo

kind of hard to ignore some when their in your face all the time. Press the big red button and vaporize them..:eek:

NorCalMikie and Snuggie like this.
  8. Evan

Evan Gold $$ Contributor

Thanks, Boss. I'm still working on my 20 Vartarg article for you. I can certainly appreciate the time it takes you to put together content for the site and I'm hoping my content will make the cut and be a valuable addition.

The gun of the week articles and the cartridge guides are what originally brought me here over a decade ago. Those are super interesting and valuable, and they took a tremendous amount of time to create.

To folks asking what they could do: if you've got an idea for content you would like to create for the site, pitch it to the boss, it may just turn out that he's interested!

300_whisper and hogpatrol like this.
  9. Pwc

Pwc

There is another site I used to go to all the time, the name kinda sounds like what the knights of old used to do on horseback, charging each other with lances.

The most active forum there is all political opinion, very little shooting/gun related. The Trolls are alive and well there.

I am thankful for the moderation at this site keeping us on topic. I know how hard it is toride herd on all of us, but most of us seem to adult folk here.

Thank you Moderators, for the excellent job you do.

10. Snuggie

Snuggie F/TR-F/Open Gold $$ Contributor

You da MAN Boss! Unfortunately there’s always gonna be some ingrate who thinks he’s entitled to free! Free ain’t FREE!!

11. drewh

drewh Gold $$ Contributor

I would wager that most of the demands are from non-contributing members.

NorCalMikie likes this.
  12. kapt

kapt Silver $$ Contributor

I appreciate the hard work done by you and know from experience what is involved in keeping a site running. The majority of people have no clue. I for one want to Thank you for your hard work. Making demands is always the wrong approach to getting things done. Like one of the former replies, I used to be on another site as well but left it because of the bickering, endless stream of completely erroneous information and the "I am the greatest" attitudes.
    Unfortunately in todays society people tend to assume life owes them and they need not do anything to get what they want.

NEWS FLASH:
    Life doesn’t entitle you to anything. You seldom get what you expect, you get what you create.

13. 284winner

284winner Gold $$ Contributor

Your work does not go unnoticed or unappreciated even tho you don't hear it enough. I know I can speak for All here when I say "We all appreciate your service to this forum and All your personal time spent making it what it is. It IS the best shooting forum out there. It's no mistake that it has become the best forum. It's your work that put it there. Thank you again. John.

14. Kevin57

Kevin57 Gold $$ Contributor

Yep...I appreciate your hard work. We live in a world where everyone wants a partipation trophy. Mommy and Daddy did everything for them. How dare you not take care of their every need???? ;) If you need help...PM me.

K

D Coots likes this.
  15. jonbearman

jonbearman I live in new york state,how unfortunate ! Gold $$ Contributor

Paul you do a lot of work so just ignore people with personal needs that you cant possibly deal with without a crew of many people doing it so you can do your above and beyond job. Honestly I don't know how you do it everyday but it is greatly appreciated by most.

16. Daveinjax

Daveinjax Silver $$ Contributor

And who’s to judge what is ridiculous or in poor taste ? I personally have no problem leaving threads that I find ridiculous or in poor taste. Nobody is forcing you to continue to read a thread or comment in one. IMO there’s little need for the forum boss to worry about yours and others judgements and tastes. JMO.

17. Lone Hunter

Lone Hunter Silver $$ Contributor

Paul, I REALLY APPRECIATE THIS SITE. I used to frequent several different sites but now this is just about the only site I go to. Your hard work is appreciated by more than you think. The members here are very knowledgeable and willing to share valuable informational also. As far as the demands on you doing something right now there are two consecutive letters in the alphabet (since you are a writer/publisher) that you need to use. They are the consecutive letters N&O. My wife's uses those letters all the time on me. Thank You For Your Hard Work and A Great Site

Bc'z, pirate ammo and 300_whisper like this.
  18. pirate ammo

you my fri
    you my friend are not alone..:rolleyes:

Bc'z likes this.
  19. DickE

DickE Gold $$ Contributor

Some people get confused with "a right vs. a privilege".

Bc'z and Lone Hunter like this.
  20. mongo chicago

mongo chicago

With your first line above, you are kind of being a hypocrite aren"t you?

Lone Hunter likes this.