Meriden Model 15 engraved Value

Discussion in 'Small Stuff--22s, 20s, and 17s' started by jimchooz, Jan 23, 2019.

1. jimchooz

jimchooz

image.jpg image.jpg I inherited a Meriden Model 22 pump. Octoganal barrel and its engraved. SN 3008

Looking for a rough value.

swd likes this.
  2. SSL

SSL Gold $$ Contributor

3. Texas10

Texas10 Gold $$ Contributor

Some really fascinating information on the Meriden website. Arthur W. Savage, Founder of Savage Arms and inventor of the radial tire (who formed the Savage Tire company in 1901, Duarte Ca.) was associated, along with his sons with the Meriden Fire Arms.

I remember radial tires being the "new greatest tire" of the 60's when in fact it was as old as the Model T Ford.

In 1912 Sears sold the Meriden in two grades, one was an engraved model.

In another corner of the Meriden history is reference to Boy Scouts. In the wind up to WWI, Boy Scouts dressed in uniform and drilled with Meriden rifles which looked like miniature army rifles and soon "military" 22's became all the rage. Referred to as "boy toys" they were popular for two decades of the early 1900's.

Thanks SSL for posting the link. Quite informative.

4. SSL

SSL Gold $$ Contributor

You are welcome. Honestly, I had to research. The name rang a vague bell In my memory bank but I couldn't remember anything about them. That's what I love about this site. Even the questions promote learning!

5. jimchooz

jimchooz

Not sure why but I keep getting an error msg saying I can’t reply?

6. Texas10

Texas10 Gold $$ Contributor

Maybe time to upgrade your membership? 20 bucks and you're in like Flynn!

7. jimchooz

jimchooz

Thru research and appraisal, found out the engraved models are rare and valuable. Think I'll hang on to it.
    Thank you all for the input!

8. Huckleberry75

Huckleberry75

I inherited one as well and it's a tack driver. No telling how many bricks I have run through that thing.

9. jimchooz

jimchooz

So after much research here's what I found. WITHOUT the engraved panels, $200-$300 max.
    Engraved panels are rare. $2000-$3000 value.
    Mine's on Rock Island right now with a Sep 7 auction date.