FORUM NOTICE Member Upgrades -- Silver & Gold

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Forum Boss, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

We have adopted a new system for Forum memberships. This includes two (2) upgraded membership levels, Silver ($20/year) and Gold ($50/year). We put these in place so we could automate the donation system which all had to be done manually and was taking upwards of 30 man-hours per month.

We also wanted to provide additional benefits to members who contribute to the site.

Current Contributors Have Been Upgraded
    Every member* who has donated as least $20 since 6/1/2016 has been upgraded to a Silver membership that runs through 5/31/2018.

Silver Members will have unlimited Classifieds posting privileges for one (1) year (through 5/31/18).

Every member who has donated at least $50 since 6/1/2016 will be upgraded to a Gold membership that runs through 5/31/2018. I have to create these Gold Accounts manually in the system, so it may take a couple days.

Gold Members will have a number of special benefits, including unlimited Classifieds posting privileges for one (1) year, custom avatars, and enhanced support. In addition when we have gear give-away drawings, the winners will be selected from Gold members.

*For Reasons unknown, about 30 members' accounts didn't get upgraded on import. We will work to manually move those guys into silver, but it may take some time to track that down.

IMPORTANT: To Upgrade, please use the larger "Upgrade Membership" button, NOT the small "donate" button. This will ensure your member status will be upgraded immediately and automatically.

---------------------------------------------------------

Q: Do I Need to Upgrade?
    Forum members who do NOT upgrade will still be able to use all the Forum areas, just as before. However, a basic member will be limited to six (6) FREE classifieds listings per year. We chose this number as most users post less than six ads per year.

The "power sellers" who use the classifieds frequently can get unlimited classifieds with a Silver or Gold membership.

Q: Should I Upgrade my Account?
    We encourage members to upgrade. A Silver upgrade costs just $20 per year or $1.67 per month, less than the price of a cup of coffee. By upgrading your account you can help the site continue to provide services to all our members. Consider this, if you were to sell a $3000.00 rifle on Gunbroker.com you would pay over $50 in sales fees for that one transaction. We are giving you unlimited classifieds for $20 per year.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  2. effendude

effendude Gold $$ Contributor

Just did the gold membership!

Scott

yukonal and Toolbreaker like this.
  3. hoz53

hoz53 Gold $$ Contributor

You show me as a silver member but i contributed 100.00 on April 4th this year--Just checked my PP account. I hope alot of members show their support Thanks

4. EBaker

EBaker Gold $$ Contributor

Very nice of you to be recognize contibuting members.

WAMBO likes this.
  5. Raythemanroe

Raythemanroe Bullet Whisperer Silver $$ Contributor

I like the idea of avatars, but can we upload a pic?

Ray

6. 6fatrat

6fatrat Silver $$ Contributor

Great idea, what is an Avatar???

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  7. New Gun

New Gun Gold $$ Contributor

I did 2-$50.00 donations. Is this a gold membership? Please check. Thanks Ken

8. Jay Christopherson

Jay Christopherson it's turtles, all the way down Administrator

Yes, if you are a Gold Contributor.

9. Jay Christopherson

That little box next to your name, which currently looks like a gray target, is an avatar. Gold Contributors can change this to whatever uploaded picture they like.

10. Jay Christopherson

As a follow up, we can't keep track of people asking questions in this thread. If you have a question about your status as a Gold or Silver Contributor or donations you have already made, please contact the Forum Boss directly via PM.

New Gun likes this.
  11. Raythemanroe

Should we wait until the beginning of the next year to get the best bang for our buck?

Ray

12. Jay Christopherson

The counter starts when you upgrade. It's not based on a specific date.

Raythemanroe likes this.
  13. RustyMetal

RustyMetal Engineer'gDesigner Silver $$ Contributor

Very slick! Y'all have done a great job with all of these mods to the forums!

14. Das Capitolin

Das Capitolin Silver $$ Contributor

How do I upgrade from Silver to Gold? It doesn't appear that there's a mechanism for doing so, as I can only pay $50 for Gold.

15. Jay Christopherson

Good question - I don't think we considered an incremental upgrade (the system doesn't have a built-in incremental upgrade), but I just sent a note to the Forum Boss on how I think we could do it with minimal work. Stay tuned...

Zero333 likes this.
  16. GaryD

GaryD Gold $$ Contributor

Done

17. Raythemanroe

I don't see the avatars yet

Ray

18. johnnyi

johnnyi Gold $$ Contributor

added...! Thanks guys

19. Richard Jones

Richard Jones just glad to be here Gold $$ Contributor

Done. Glad to be here, always learning.................

20. Mudcat

Mudcat Gold $$ Contributor

I just went ahead and did the $50 bump....was already a "century" donor anyhow. Good website and dont mine helping to keep it running smoothly and efficiently. Both for the sales forums and the regular forums. If I didnt spend time here, I wouldnt bother, but I do and find the info here to be useful.