Member TZaun's daughter

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by butchlambert, Feb 10, 2019.

1. butchlambert

butchlambert Site $$ Sponsor

2. PatMiles

PatMiles Gold $$ Contributor

Great looking young lady, exudes confidence and is having fun shooting with her team. She obviously buckles down when it's time to put pellets on paper.

3. Paula Marie Hamilton

Paula Marie Hamilton Gold $$ Contributor

Wow that is so impressive & inspiring. My God she is so young to already have such talent. I hope John gets to see her shoot at Camp Perry. She would be worth watching and emulating.

John was trying to qualify for precision at the State qualifier so when our club shot postals he shot in sporter in hopes his score would help the team make they regional cut. Unfortunately the state qualifier in Indy where John would shoot precision was snowed out. He did the right thing helping the team (not sure the team will make the cut) & even though he doesn't have a score in precision he did qualifed in sporter. Sometimes life doesn't work the way you think it should.

4. Twdmar

Twdmar

They have a good crop of kids in Buffalo and a great coach. A lot of good shooters have come out of that program but Katie is exceptional. She shot on the us team that took second or third in korea last summer

TZaun and butchlambert like this.
  5. skiutah02

skiutah02 Gold $$ Contributor

She is an incredible talent. Have had several opportunities to watch her shoot. Nerves of steel.

6. bobinpa

bobinpa Gold $$ Contributor

Good for her. That is exceptional talent!!!

7. Beau

Beau

That article is from 2017

8. butchlambert

Yeah and she's much better this year.

DirtySteve and swd like this.
  9. TZaun

TZaun Gold $$ Contributor

Thanks Butch.

There are many things that have contributed to Katie’s early success. As Twdmar stated earlier, she has an excellent coach. It’s no coincidence that our small community has produced some very good shooters. On top of that, earning a spot on the National Junior Team has opened up some opportunities to get some additional coaching from some World Class shooters/coaches such as Jason Parker, Hank Gray, and Bob Foth.

The North Dakota Shooting Sports Association has to be one of the best for promoting junior shooting sports. From January through March they work to put on USA Shooting and NRA Sectional matches just about every weekend. There aren’t many NRA matches they don’t give junior shooters a chance to compete in. Competition drives most people to want to get better. No better time to learn that than when you’re young.

The moral support she receives from our friends around the state, and now the friends we’ve made around the country, is phenomenal. She appreciates every bit of it.

In June she competed in the USAS Nationals held at Ft. Benning. She did very well in the 3 disciplines she competed in, but her 2nd place overall finish in women’s 50 meter prone earned her a trip to the World Championships in South Korea. In September she traveled there with other members of the US team and was fortunate enough to come home with an International medal. Each country can send up to 3 shooters for each discipline and those 3 scores are added up for a team score also. Her and her other 2 teammates won the Junior (under 20) Women’s Prone Bronze. Only losing to China by .5 points for the Silver.

In 10 days she will fly over to India for the World Cup Match being held there the end of this month. She didn’t qualify outright to make this World Cup. She finished 6th at the Selection Match but 3 girls ahead of her had to decline their invites. There’s no denying she’s a little fish in a very big pond. She won’t care and will go there to shoot and represent the US as well as she can.

It’s been a really fun ride so far. Something that never seemed possible 7 years ago when she started shooting BB gun for our club.

Thank you for the kind words.

Oh ya, a couple prayers her way on the 25th would be nice too. :D

Todd Zaun

10. butchlambert

You got it Todd. Several prayers will follow her. Keep us up to date on her progress.

Termite I and TZaun like this.
  11. PatMiles

PatMiles Gold $$ Contributor

Prayers for Katie! Have fun girl and give it your best!

12. bobinpa

bobinpa Gold $$ Contributor

Good for you Todd! God bless you both.

13. Paula Marie Hamilton

I know you have to be a proud papa.

Would you PM me where she is going to shoot in the US. If there is anyway John can qualify to shoot those matches I will move heaven & Earth to let him see her shoot. Unfortunately this is not a hot bed of shooting here. I think John is the only air/SB in 100 miles. I take him to events like Anniston so he can shoulder to shoulder with people better than he is. It pushes him. We got so lucky this year when a former coach in our club started mentoring him. You figure he has only about 20months experience in Precision air & in 3p has gone from 522 to his pb of 589. He gets in college with a coach no telling what he will do. If he could watch your daughter and that team he could learn so much

The finer things like trigger control, time management, following a shot plan. The mental aspect of the game. I bet watching your daughter would be an education.

I wish her so much good luck. Wow just amazing

14. William M Orvin

William M Orvin

Katie is a class act. I am a USA Shooting volunteer official. I have watched Katie shoot for a few years now. At the Robert Mitchell match a few weeks ago I watched her train for the smallbore portion of the match. Dad wasn't with her at the time. She was working on adjusting her stock to fit her better in all three positions. For such a young lady she was very analytical, working her way through making the rifle fit her just right and making sure she was consistent. Hard to believe she is still a young high school kid. And it all worked. She shot very well at the match.

I've watched kids shoot at these matches now for decades and this young lady is top notch. She will go far. And she is so polite and grateful. It is a pleasure to know her and watch her.

Her dad is great also. Except that he makes me spend money. We get to talking while she is shooting and he tells me all the stuff I should really acquire to up my game. He is an expensive friend.

jimmymac, TZaun and butchlambert like this.
  15. butchlambert

Yes Sir!, they are a great family and we are blessed to have him on our forum.

TZaun likes this.
  16. TZaun

TZaun Gold $$ Contributor

I wasn't kidding when I told you my favorite thing to do is spend other people's money :) !! See ya at JOs.

mgdietrich likes this.
  17. Paula Marie Hamilton

Yeah, but "spending others people's money" is done with love. He seriously just wants better shooters & he knows how.