MDT 6BR mag

Discussion in '6BR, 6BR Improved & Wildcats' started by Dgd6mm, Apr 12, 2019 at 7:24 PM.

1. Dgd6mm

Dgd6mm Silver $$ Contributor

MDT is now making a metal double stack mag for 6BR, 12 rounder.

2. Willow

Willow

This will be a hot seller one would think.

Dgd6mm likes this.
  3. Clancy

Clancy Silver $$ Contributor

The bulletin says 64.99.

The website says 89.99. Is there a promo code I missed?

4. 2dogs

2dogs

Does it work?

linebaugh likes this.
  5. Dgd6mm

I guess we shall see. But really I have no doubt that the mags will function properly, the suspect will be more if your action is up to the task of picking the round up and then after firing extraction and ejection.

I have a 6br barrel on order and had never shot a 6br until this past Thursday. This is my buddy's that we headspaced on a Savage repeater. We ran it with two Magpul p-mags and two AICS mags with the Primal kits installed. As long as you manipulated the bolt with a medium fast stroke all four ran without issue.

6. Dgd6mm

This ^^^ I noticed also. I would call and ask questions before I purchased, but that's just me. I'd rather speak to someone on the phone then text or email.

7. Qtip

Qtip

Perhaps it is US$ vs CDN$

8. shootermike82

shootermike82

Yes its $89.99 Canadian. I ordered 2.

9. 2dogs

2dogs

I have built 3 BR repeaters prior to the availability of these kits and magazines. It’s very important that the magazine sits as high as possible for best feeding IMO.

10. Delfuego

Delfuego

It's tell me $89.99 USD for the BR magazine and $64.99 for the 5 round 308 mags.

11. cdngary

cdngary Silver $$ Contributor

will they work in anything other than the AICS bottom housing?

12. Kurz

Kurz

From MDT website:

MDT Metal Magazines - Short Action
    MDT AICS-pattern metal magazines are manufactured from high strength steel, nitride-finished and coated with Cerakote Elite for ultimate durability and performance.

The short action magazines are offered for .308 Win and 6.5 Creedmoor family cartridges, and are available in 5-round, 10-round and 12 round capacity.

The 6mm BR magazine is offered for the 6mm BR and family of cartridges, and are available in 12 round capacity.

These magazines are designed with a unique Double Stack to Single Feed (DSSF) transition design for reduced overall height compared to the industry standard.

The 10 and 12-round magazines are available with or without the front binder plate. See details below for benefits and limitations of each version.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Out of Stock. Backorders ship in 1 week.

SKU
    MDT Metal Magazines - Short Action
    Rating:
    5 Reviews Add Your Review
    $89.99

Caliber 6BR

Magazine Size 12 rd.

From Accurate Shooter:

April 12th, 2019
    New Magazine for 6mmBR and 6 BR Improved Precision Rifles

[​IMG]

As the practical/tactical game has evolved, with low recoil and high accuracy becoming ever more important, many top competitors have moved to smaller cartridges such as the 6mm Dasher and its parent, the 6mmBR Norma. These cartridges deliver outstanding accuracy plus good barrel life. However, the “short, fat” 6BR/Dasher design doesn’t feed optimally in magazines designed for the .308 Win family of cases. Yes you can modify your own magazines (Mag Mod HERE), or buy a pricey conversion kit, but now there is a turn-key solution from MDT (Modular Driven Technologies).

MDT’s 6mm BR magazine fits the parent 6mmBR cartridge and all the popular varients including the 6 BRA, 6 Dasher, and 6 BRX. MDT says this new 12-round magazine is a “one-step solution [delivering] smooth, reliable feeding for the most popular rifle cartridges in precision rifle competitions.”

[​IMG]

MDT built this AICS-pattern mag for PRS/NRL competitors and anyone wanting to run 6mmBR-family cartridges in mag-fed actions: “The limiting factor for competitors running 6mm BR variants has been feeding. Until now, the only option has been to purchase an AICS-pattern magazine plus an additional kit to make the magazines work with the shorter cartridges. This solution costs upwards of $100 or more and can require additional tuning to work in most rifles.”

The MDT 6mm BR mag has a maximum internal length of 2.580″, which accommodates pretty much any 6mm bullet you’d want to use. These MDT magazines are crafted from quality steel, nitride-treated, then black Cerakote finished inside and out. To reduce friction between cartridge and magazine body, MDT added two internal ribs which provide a smooth transition from double stack to single-feed.

13. linebaugh

linebaugh Silver $$ Contributor

I wish I shared your confidence but I am a realist. In reality many short action guns have feeding issues with the BR based cartridges and AICS type mags. I tried two different kits and neither worked and as far as manipulating a bolt just right to get cartridges to feed, well, that's just not reliable feeding.
    I badly want these to work but I think I am going to save my $100 bucks until the reports start comingout. From the pictures it appears we are just dealing with a factory "kitted" magazine. This works for some but not for others.