MagnetoSpeed.....Bad customer service?

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by Eternal Student, Jul 12, 2018 at 2:06 AM.

1. Eternal Student

Eternal Student

I am or was a VERY satisfied MagnetoSpeed V3 user. But lately I have had issues with my bayo and so I bought a new one and I have the same issues going on with sensors saying they are not reading but I will clear them out and it will read the shot so I don't know what going on....
    I can't get that Ryan to call or email me back. Good CS is GOLDEN IMO. Maybe it's time to switch to Labradar?? They sure are nice.

2. uda123cat

uda123cat

I had a similar problem and Magnetospeed suggested that either I had a bullet strike on the bayo (I did not) or it was a cable that was either going bad or was bad. I bought a new cable from them and that, fortunately fixed my problem. Not sure if that is your problem, but at least it is a cheap and easy first fix. BTW, these cables are finicky and not all of them work the same (found that out the hard way) so I recommend buying a cable from magneto speed as I tried two from another source but they did not function (gave errors) while the magneto speed cable solved my problem.

good luck

dan

Eternal Student likes this.
  3. walker2713

walker2713 Gold $$ Contributor

I've owned some flavor of Magnetospeed since they came out several years ago, and have always had a positive experience with their CS...by phone, email or their website. I don't know what's causing your current difficulty with them, but I'd suggest persevering with them to try to sort it out. Just my $ .02 and experience....

George

4. Eternal Student

Eternal Student

Thank you guys. I am going to change the cable and see what happens. Lo and behold I was contacted by MagnetoSpeed today... maybe someone told him about the post :) Anyway, I think they make a great product and I hope the CS is as good.

5. LaVitaEBella

LaVitaEBella

Some CSR nowadays seems to be so lazy in helping/assisting customers with their concern.

Urv and Eternal Student like this.
  6. Delfuego

Delfuego Silver $$ Contributor

I had to use Magnetospeed customer service one time and they were excellent. I hope they take care of you.

7. skiutah02

skiutah02 Gold $$ Contributor

I've had a magnetospeed for at least 3 years. Great product and outstanding CS when I need help.

8. Eternal Student

Eternal Student

I have had that MagnetoSpeed for 4 years and put 1,000s of rounds through it with no issues. There was a friend that had a labrador at the range and it had a issue reading my shot with the suppressor at first but we just moved it closer and it worked. Our first shot came out at 2930 fps and we BOTH got the same reading!!! That made me fill good. They both validated each other shot after shot-off by no more than 4 feet from each other. That is pretty f-n close IMO.