MagnetoSpeed.....Bad customer service?

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by Eternal Student, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Eternal Student

Eternal Student

I am or was a VERY satisfied MagnetoSpeed V3 user. But lately I have had issues with my bayo and so I bought a new one and I have the same issues going on with sensors saying they are not reading but I will clear them out and it will read the shot so I don't know what going on....
    I can't get that Ryan to call or email me back. Good CS is GOLDEN IMO. Maybe it's time to switch to Labradar?? They sure are nice.

2. uda123cat

uda123cat

I had a similar problem and Magnetospeed suggested that either I had a bullet strike on the bayo (I did not) or it was a cable that was either going bad or was bad. I bought a new cable from them and that, fortunately fixed my problem. Not sure if that is your problem, but at least it is a cheap and easy first fix. BTW, these cables are finicky and not all of them work the same (found that out the hard way) so I recommend buying a cable from magneto speed as I tried two from another source but they did not function (gave errors) while the magneto speed cable solved my problem.

good luck

dan

Eternal Student likes this.
  3. walker2713

walker2713 Gold $$ Contributor

I've owned some flavor of Magnetospeed since they came out several years ago, and have always had a positive experience with their CS...by phone, email or their website. I don't know what's causing your current difficulty with them, but I'd suggest persevering with them to try to sort it out. Just my $ .02 and experience....

George

4. Eternal Student

Eternal Student

Thank you guys. I am going to change the cable and see what happens. Lo and behold I was contacted by MagnetoSpeed today... maybe someone told him about the post :) Anyway, I think they make a great product and I hope the CS is as good.

5. LaVitaEBella

LaVitaEBella

Some CSR nowadays seems to be so lazy in helping/assisting customers with their concern.

Urv and Eternal Student like this.
  6. Delfuego

Delfuego Silver $$ Contributor

I had to use Magnetospeed customer service one time and they were excellent. I hope they take care of you.

BobLor and Eternal Student like this.
  7. skiutah02

skiutah02 Gold $$ Contributor

I've had a magnetospeed for at least 3 years. Great product and outstanding CS when I need help.

Eternal Student likes this.
  8. Eternal Student

Eternal Student

I have had that MagnetoSpeed for 4 years and put 1,000s of rounds through it with no issues. There was a friend that had a labrador at the range and it had a issue reading my shot with the suppressor at first but we just moved it closer and it worked. Our first shot came out at 2930 fps and we BOTH got the same reading!!! That made me fill good. They both validated each other shot after shot-off by no more than 4 feet from each other. That is pretty f-n close IMO.

9. kwtolman

kwtolman Silver $$ Contributor

I have also dealt with Ryan at MagnetoSpeed both on the phone and in person. He has always been responsive, knowledgeable and helpful. In my experience they sell an excellent product and maintain high customer service standards.

10. mr.big

mr.big

11. Eternal Student

Eternal Student

I spoke with Ryan via email and asked him if I could send it in to him to be checked out and he was VERY willing to help me. Perhaps he/they just got busy or just over looked my initial emails. Good CS is a must for me. Years ago I was big Zeiss fan but I had a horrible experience with their CS and I sold ALL there shit that I had bought over the years and have not or will not buy there products again and that sucks bc Zeiss has some really nice stuff IMO.

12. Perk

Perk perk Silver $$ Contributor

The only problem with mine is it was stolen from my truck. Perk

13. shoot4fun

shoot4fun Gold $$ Contributor

I had an older version with the wheel on the side. The wheel broke and the unit had to be returned for repair. They fixed it quickly.
    I had the same issue as the OP with my V3. Turned out both cables had the same plug and I was using the shorter one. When I went to the one with the "reel" all my issues went away. Blame mine on user error.

14. Delfuego

Delfuego Silver $$ Contributor

That sucks! Mine is in their plastic case (pistol case). I have been afraid to leave it in the truck within view, for some knucklehead would steal it thinking its a pistol...

I would call them anyway. They might hook you up out of sympathy :)

15. ms6852

ms6852

I would warn you about LabRadar as well. I have read just as many shooters complain about LabRadar as well as many that are pleased. Makes me wonder if everyone truly reads the instructions on how to use it or if they do read instructions do they understand what they read. Regardless I have held off on buying a Magneto speed or a Labrador until issues have been fixed.

16. mike06

mike06

I quit using the square aluminum rod and now I just put a cleaning rod in the barrel and gauge off it. Got it set about 3/16" from the bullet and now it never misses a shot.

17. F Class John

F Class John NRA Life Member Gold $$ Contributor

Had a v2 and ultimately it ended up with a busted module, sent it in. Three days later they call me and let me know their findings. It was a busted module. They said they had a couple v2 modules still around and sent me new one for free. In all fairness they did say that if they didn’t have a v2 module laying around it would’ve been the cost of an upgrade which maybe would’ve tainted my opinion. But as it sits they went above and beyond.

I have a LabRadar too, can’t speak to them yet. Hopefully won’t have to.