Made My Decession

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by rjtfroggy, Aug 10, 2018.

1. rjtfroggy

rjtfroggy

A few days ago I asked for some opinions on a build I am considering, and I thank those who responded.
    Well after a couple of Drs. visits it just is not feasible to build what I would like to build, besides I would need to sell 3-4 of my rifles just to buy the action with all that is needed to shoot it, then another for the barrel and maybe one more for the stock, and by the time I was done I might not even be able to shoot it.
    I am still going to do a build just for fun ( don't really care if it is a winner). I will order a new stock and barrel, a new trigger and take down an old action I already have to build it. At my age and physical condition spending over 5 grand on a build just isn't a smart move, I'll spend a grand give or take and have just as much fun shooting it.
    Going to be a 30br shooting in the VHS class.

2. spclark

spclark Gold $$ Contributor

At some point we all have to accept there's a practical limit to what we can afford, given our circumstances.

While I'm sorry to hear your doctor's visits aren't giving you a green light to do what you were dreaming about, I trust you've made the right decision to allocate what resources you have towards a revised goal that will still allow you to actively participate and have fun with something that you enjoy doing.

Rest assured you're not alone in this....

Don, geo.ulrich, fultonbig9 and 2 others like this.
  3. Immike

Immike Silver $$ Contributor

Bullets, barrels and bedding... the 3 B’s are the only real necessity to be competitive. The rest of the stuff is more or less a luxury.

geo.ulrich, boltfluter and JRS like this.
  4. rjtfroggy

rjtfroggy

Well the stock got ordered McMillan edge HBR won't see it before February, solid 6 months.

Immike likes this.
  5. geo.ulrich

geo.ulrich beware of owner Gold $$ Contributor

and SCOPE;)

6. rjtfroggy

rjtfroggy

6x leupold comp.