Lyman powered case trimmer

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by nmkid, Jan 10, 2019.

1. nmkid

nmkid Gold $$ Contributor

Any whispers on Lyman's new case trimmer yet? I contacted them but, All I received back was, "they will be out in 4-6 weeks.

2. BenPerfected

BenPerfected Gold $$ Contributor

Any updates on the case trimmer and holder availability? Midway shows the Lyman case trimmer online but the case holders don’t seem to be available, looking for a 6 Dasher holder. Can’t seem to get a live person at Midway.
    Ben

3. nmkid

I got mine the other day from Midway. Really haven't used much other than to make sure it ran. Like any powered trimmer it works very well. I trimmed some .223 cases and was happy with the results. I sit here typing and looking at the bushings that come with the kit. They list the 6mm Dasher in the kit, don't know if that's what you need. It's bushing # 13 part # 7821713. I really haven't put it through its paces as the bushing I need at the moment, needs to be ordered. I need #16 and I have an email into Lyman asking when it will be available.

4. 1badgoat

1badgoat Gold $$ Contributor

I am interested.

Do the bushings fit snug enough to make square cuts?

5. nmkid

It appears they are pretty square. Also, I found that it must be run at it's highest speed or the cutters will grab the case and spin it out of your grip.