Looking for Zero stops for Vortex Scope.

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by Hillrunner, May 22, 2019.

1. Hillrunner

Hillrunner

I need some help here, I purchased a Vortex Viper HS-T had I am short a few shims to get the zero stop to work properly. It looks like Vortex discontinued them for purchase, but they come with the scope when you purchase. My issue is I need like 4 more..........Is there any way to put them in that would not require more, or do I need to keep looking. I sent Vortex an email about this but have not heard back, any suggestions?

2. Geno C

Geno C

You could cut some out of neoprene washers from the hardware store. Or get a base with more angle on it so you have more adjustment left to dial up and therefore use less shims. I would choose option B. What is your setup and how much adjustment up do you have left?

Zero333 likes this.
  3. PatMiles

PatMiles Gold $$ Contributor

CALL Vortex, tell them you need them. Be polite but insistent.

4. theallcineyes

theallcineyes

was this ever figured out, because it has always been on my mind.

5. Hillrunner

Hillrunner

I put together a Christensen Arms 300WSM with a 6-24 Viper HS-T, standard bases nothing fancy. I have plenty of adjustment left. This will be a hunting rifle, nothing fancy like banging steel at 1000. Called Vortex and they are sending me some shims to finish it off.

Zero333 and Geno C like this.
  6. Hillrunner

Hillrunner

Vortex is sending me some extra shims. thanks

theallcineyes likes this.