WANTED Looking for Barnard Model Paction and quality rear sight

Discussion in 'Guns, Actions, Stocks, & Barrels' started by Erud, Mar 21, 2019.

Trader History (23)
  1. Erud

Erud Gold $$ Contributor

***FOUND, THANKS FOR THE HELP!***

Hi folks,
    I have a friend who is taking the plunge and getting his first Palma rifle built. John Whidden is building the rifle, but unfortunately, Barnard P actions are out of stock for the next couple/few months. He wants to shoot this season, so hoping to get moving sooner than that. He’s looking for a standard right-handed Model P with the .308 bolt face. Also looking for a Warner rear sight, but would consider a Phoenix, or other quality options. Needs to be a side mount, and match rifle directions on the sight.

I just told him about this forum two days ago, and he joined yesterday. He can’t post ads due to being brand new, but I know him and can vouch for his character. If you have anything laying around that you’re willing to part with, send me a PM and I’ll get you in touch with him.

Thanks,
    Erik

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  2. mgunderson

mgunderson sling shooter Gold $$ Contributor

Is "helping a friend" code for I need another Barnard and don't know how to explain it at home yet?

effendude and Erud like this.
  3. corning

corning

That's a tall order, Erik, especially for a Warner. They have become scarce. As an aside, I think the Centra's look pretty good. I'd consider one, if I were starting today.

Erud likes this.
  4. Erud

Erud Gold $$ Contributor

That is one problem I do not have. I actually sometimes have to resist telling her about stuff I want to buy, because I know she'll tell me to just buy it! :eek:

mgunderson, effendude and corning like this.
  5. Erud

Erud Gold $$ Contributor

Yeah, I hear you. I know I won't be letting any of mine go. They're still out there though, I even saw one listed here on Accurate Shooter in the last month or so.

6. corning

corning

7. Erud

Erud Gold $$ Contributor

Thanks John. He has his heart set on a Barnard, even if it means he has to wait until the new ones come in. He's going with a full mack daddy build right out of the gate, shouldn't ever need another rifle again after it's done!

8. prwhite

prwhite Silver $$ Contributor

Consider a Barnard 'S' if available. A little lighter than a 'P' and just as capable.

9. Erud

Erud Gold $$ Contributor

Thanks for the help folks, looks like we've got him covered!