Load recipes for 6MM BR

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Joe Marella, Nov 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Joe Marella

Joe Marella

I am shooting 68 grain bullets in my 1:14 twist 6MM BR. Most shooting is done at 100 and 200 yards.
    I would be interested in hearing what others have found to be their best powder, powder weight combinations for optimum accuracy.
    JPM

2. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

You came to the right place! I'm sure you'll get varying answers but I've had my best luck from a 6BR and light bullets using either n135 or h322. A stiff load of either usually will tell you if the gun will shoot. Some use Varget but it's wayy down my list for light bullets and wayy up my list for heavies. Your 14 twist leaves you with really no options much above 70-75 grains, tops. The 60-68's do very well with the previously mentioned powders. Even n133 is good. I'd start with the other two.

Wonderful cartridge. Probably my all time favorite! It does everything well!

3. DeltaBravo

DeltaBravo

29-ish grains of LT-32 behind Bart's 68BT. Shoots great and seems to be reasonably temperature insensitive; I shoot from 50s to 100s here in Tejas and make no adjustments to the load. For the cold, I just put the rounds in my t-shirt pocket to warm up to body temp a bit, but that's about it. HTH

Dennis

4. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

+1 on both the above. Find a good ppc load and start there

5. Alexander-M

Alexander-M Gold $$ Contributor