Lite weight hunting stock Tikka

Discussion in 'Varminter & Hunting Forum' started by Westhunder, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Westhunder

Westhunder Please excuse typos, sent from my iPhone. Gold $$ Contributor

looking for a light weight hunting stock for a Tikka T3 223 sporter barrel. This gun will be a back seat warrior and carry gun for varmits (yotes) when scouting and driving. I am contractor and spend lots of time driving and always trying to lower the population. Want it to be durable, light, and handle a beating. What’s your expierence. I would have put this is gear questions but I want you know what you other Varmint hunters are liking.

2. 86alaskan

86alaskan Silver $$ Contributor

for what you want, I'd just use the factory black plastic stock. otherwise, you're looking at a carbon shell stock, and those start in the $600 neighborhood. and even then, they won't be much different in weight than that cheap factory stick.

But if you insist, order up a manners EH1 for that tikka and enjoy it. I just got my first EH1 and it's a great stock.

MQ1 and Westhunder like this.
  3. Westhunder

I sold the factory stock unfortunately. Was going to do a build on the action in a tactical chassis. Now I’m rethinking and letting it be my truck gun. So yes. I need a stock.

4. 86alaskan

86alaskan Silver $$ Contributor

ebay is your friend, you could snatch up a factory take off, or sometimes there are good fiberglass stocks to choose from. I snagged my McMillan A3 for my tikka for $400 and no wait. might be something to look into.

Westhunder likes this.
  5. drover

drover

Put a WTB in the classified of 24hrcampfire.com, factory take-offs come up for sale quite often there.

drover

Westhunder likes this.
  6. CharlieNC

CharlieNC Silver $$ Contributor

Boyds has numerous laminate options that are moderate weight to carry, and light on your wallet as a beater stock.

7. jhopkins

jhopkins

8. nakneker

nakneker Gold $$ Contributor

9. Westhunder

@nakneker and it comes in pink!!! I actually looked at that one and thought the same thing. Thanks for all the responses

nakneker likes this.
  10. ben lurkin

ben lurkin Silver $$ Contributor

Wes, sent you a PM.

-BL