Leupold dot installation

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by stork, Aug 8, 2018.

1. stork

stork

I've put this off long enough.
    Deer season isn't far off & I'd like to convert one of my 3.5-10 Leupolds to a dot. Would like about a 1" dot @ 10x @ 100 yds. My thinking is that way at low power I have a nice large dot for woods & pushing through cattails but have a small enough dot to do "minute of deer" precision work out to 400 or so. Have shot hundreds of thousands of 22 & 45 in Bullseye shooting with dots & would like the same now on my 260.

So, other than Leupold, is there anyone that the group would recommend for the project? Leupold got really proud of their reticle changes, and I know there's several out there that do a great job.

TIA
    Allen

2. JRS

JRS Gold $$ Contributor

If you want to keep the Leupold warranty, have Leupold perform the reticle change.

3. stork

stork

I've thought on that issue. The scope is proven reliable over several years, so no inherent manufacturing defects. If need be I'll go that route, but I know there's other shops out there that have been doing it for decades. Those are the options I'm looking for.

4. Bugs

Bugs Gold $$ Contributor

Probably old news but Leupold's charges for these kind of services went up significantly in the last year or so.

5. Russell27

Russell27

6. Gabe

Gabe

I HAVE HAD A FEW SCOPES MODIFIED BY BILL ACKERMANS OPTICAL SERVICES, THEY DO GOOD WORK. THE DOT ON YOUR SCOPE WILL COST ABOUT $125 FOR THE MODIFICATION. YOU ALSO HAVE DIFFERENT OPTIONS ON THE SIZE OF DOT THAT YOU MAY WANT

7. Hotshot

Hotshot Gold $$ Contributor

T. K. Lee does custom dot reticle for a reasonable price

8. variant45

variant45

I can't find TK Lee, still in business?